This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Head Banger

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:25 pm

:arrow: Remember that post awhile back about the 1889? 8th grade? Kansas school test. Well that made me feel kind of stupid and now after reading this thread I now only feel inadequit(sp). Jeeze, Now i even forgot how to spell inadi-I-quit. :mrgreen:
Then came Bronson

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:55 am

JB:

I have a college education in Architectural Design. I am licensed Inter-Provincially as a Cabinet and Furniture Maker. I am an Advanced Amateur Radio Operator. I am a Journeyman Communicator (Military) and have training and experience as an enlisted Military ATC and Flight Service op. I do not consider myself uneducated or illiterate.

However, much like the 1889 exam which left me feeling totally :oops: STOOPID :oops: the knowledge level and the complexity of this discussion has not only confirmed my :oops: STOOPID :oops: status, but has reaffirmed my belief that I need a lot more education to get to where some of my betters are at.

And we used to say that our education system is superior to our parents and grandparents education. Not :!: :roll: :)
Last edited by Rudi on Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

moe1942
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71303
Tractors Owned: 1-69 Cub

5- Cub Cadets

Horse power

Postby moe1942 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:49 am

Many years ago, before nodding off to sleep, I remember someone saying that HP was determined by the time it took to move 33,000 lbs one foot.

Trying to pin this topic down is like trying to get a straight answer from a politician.

If the equipment I have does what I need it to do I figure I have enough horses.

Also, my Cub manual says high idle on my '69 is 2100 rpm. Does that mean I have more horses than those of you with the old red Cubs?

I have enjoyed the discussion.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Horse power

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:21 am

moe1942 wrote:Also, my Cub manual says high idle on my '69 is 2100 rpm. Does that mean I have more horses than those of you with the old red Cubs?
If both are running at full throttle and the governors are set to original specs, yes.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:11 am

However, much like the 1889 exam which left me feeling totally STOOPID the knowledge level and the complexity of this discussion has not only confirmed my STOOPID status, but has reaffirmed my belief that I need a lot more education to get to where some of my betters are at.

Pa used to say, "The more you know, the dumber you feel. And if you live long enough you'll know what I'm talking about."

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:51 am

Specialization is when you know more and more about less and less. You become an expert when you know everyhting there is to know about absolutely nothing.

Oscar Meier
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Oscar Meier » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:08 pm

An old engineer I worked with years ago once told me: "The more you know about something the harder it gets; because, you learn more and more about what you can't do"

I THINK I AM BECOMING A REAL EXPERT - I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING I CAN DO ANYMORE.
48 CUB & 52 Super A

Return to “Farmall Cub”