This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Plowin' with the cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Scott C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Plowin' with the cub

Postby Scott C » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:28 pm

Good cub day. A buddy of mine and me went down the road to turn a garden for a friend he takes care of. Just put the plow on the cub and never used it, sweet!

My friend liked it too.

Getting ready to haul it and my Original cub cadet up to Dubois, PA for two days of plowing.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:31 pm

Scott,

That looks great! Got to get me one of them plows. I'm tired of plowing snow, going to switch to dirt. :D

Scott C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scott C » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:34 pm

The pictures got a lot better after I cleaned the lense :roll: .

I've got to spread the front axle so I ride in the furrow straight. When the front wheel is against the furrow wall, the rear is at the outside of the furrow. Not bad, but not right.
I was impressed with being able to plow in second also.
I like this!

Scott C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scott C » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Donny,
Yes you do.
I really like plowing with a cub cadet but the cub just makes it that much more effortless.

Our site: http://ihregistry.net/cgi-bin/discus/di ... ?pg=topics
is having our plow day this weekend in Dubois, PA on Saturday and the local group is having their plow day on Sunday with big tractors. The IH Registry and PPMA (Past and Present Machinery Association) got together last year and it's just exploded.
Anyone who wants to come is welcome, plow or not, tractor or no. You don't have one, chances are you'll be on one before the day is over, that's the kind of people that are there.
I'd be watching one of the Ag magazines in the future for something on the plow day's (just a guess). The local news is going to be there and the papers. I don't know how many old tractors are registered but we have over 100 cub cadets and 130 operators as of yesterday. Looks like it's gonna be fun.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:22 pm

I would suggest that rather than widening the front, you set the rear in. The recommended setting is 44". In the pictures, it looks like you were taking a pretty wide cut. It clearly worked OK there, but in other conditions you may need to take a little less each time.

Scott C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scott C » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:17 am

Jim,
I'm afraid you're right.
Now that I think about it, if I widen the front, yes, it will move the rear tires closer to the furrow wall but it would also move the plow further out making an even wider cut. I just like it wide, it makes me feel better on some of the hills around here.
Decisions... decisions.... Ahaaaa! I need another cub set narrow so I can keep this one wide!

daveland
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby daveland » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:33 pm

What plow was used in the pics. Single blade IH? Been looking to buy one. Had a chance to buy one 5 years ago but turned it down... Should have bought it.

Dave

Scott C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scott C » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:04 pm

Dave,
That is a 193 plow (IH).

Well, I am loaded for our plow days in PA. Pulled the cubs up from WV to our house (for 4 more days anyhow) in PA. From what I saw last year and if I had to guess for this year, Cub Cadets should get in at least 30 acres, antique tractors 50 to 80 acres.
Can't wait!

Scott C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scott C » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:14 pm

I am going to try something here.
Here is the link to the pictures I have uploaded to Picturetrail....
http://www.picturetrail.com/farmallcub
It's not organized into any kind of reason but all the old literature scans and stuff I've posted are there.
I try to remember to uncheck the little box that prevents "right click to save" if you find I've missed one and you want to save it, let me know and I'll change it. Feel free to save anything that is there.

You have to load the picture into the viewer to be able to save it.

JFERGUSON
10+ Years
10+ Years

I WISH.........

Postby JFERGUSON » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:11 pm

I WISH I HAD THAT MUCH DIRT. LIVING IN UPPER MIDDLE TENNESSEE WHEN I PLOW I THROW SPARKS. MORE ROCKS THAN DIRT. STILL ITS FUN. LOVE THE SMELL. MY 48 SEEMS TO LIKE IT. BETTER STILL MY SON IN LAW REALLY LIKES IT. LIFE IS GOOD.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:57 pm

Scott,

I agree it would be better to set the rear wheels in. Nobody seemed to notice that, like me, you are plowing without weights. Do you have loaded tires? I don't, but my garden is very sandy and contains a lot of organics. I also use the early plow with the long land side. I plow as deep as it will go.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:43 pm

:D It would seem to me that you would only have to move in the tire that rides in the furrow in. You could leave the drivers side tire out. And change it back when done plowing. :idea:
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub

Postby Steve Butram » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:27 pm

Add a dual to the land side and then try it you will really be impressed. Steve

Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Maritimer » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:18 pm

WHATS WITH THE GREEN GRASS!!!!!!! THE LEAVES ON THE TREES!!!!!! THE T SHIRTS!!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! WE STILL HAVE SNOW AND 1-2 FEET OF FROST IN THE GROUND!!! HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!!I AM REALLY JELOUS NOW!!!!!!!!
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:43 pm

8) :shock: Maritimer don't worry warm weather is comming :!:

Actually if you look all the posts up to Mr. Willer's was from aprit 20th last year. Its a continuation of a topic going on on the way way off topic garden help.

Wow its the big 100th post for me. I've definitly had a lot of questions. Thank ya-all for all your help.

:{_}: :{_}: Dennis thanks for providing this wonderfull form :{_}: :{_}:

There is steam tractor and thersher reunion show up here in Mason Michigan.
Their motto is Where Old Friends Gather And New Freinds Meet I think the same can be said of everyone here :!:
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Return to “Farmall Cub”