This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

engine problem

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tglass
10+ Years
10+ Years

engine problem

Postby tglass » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:48 pm

been running fine, but when I started it up today it idled funny and after a short time, smoke comes out of the dipstick and water comes out of the overflow. Engine sounds like it's in a real strain, but oil pressure is still good. Can't find any signs of water in the oil. Anyone have any ideas on where to start or what to check??

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:48 pm

:( Possible head gasket.

cublo
10+ Years
10+ Years

engine prob.

Postby cublo » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:21 pm

Does sound like a head gasket...compression leaking into water system. I think there is a simple kit to detect these gasses in your coolant? I had a similar problem on my wife's Suburu. MUCH more expensive to repair than a Cub!

Return to “Farmall Cub”