This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

breather pipe coupling

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Chuck 53 Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

breather pipe coupling

Postby Chuck 53 Cub » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:24 pm

Hey, new to the site and I'm looking for help. just started working on the cub since last year and it seems that the coupling on breather pipe, on the air cleaner assembly has disappeared. (part #350 755 R1). called my local IH dealer and he said it was discontinued, searched every hardware store in the area the area but no luck. anyone got an idea where I can look next? is this part a real big deal ? does it really effect performance ? thanks for any help.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:31 pm

If you can't find the fitting at a hardware store, I would suggest you try calling or emailing either http://www.jptractorsalvage.com or http://www.tmtractor.com The line that attaches to that fitting sucks oil fumes out of the block (like a pcv valve on a car) and burns them in the engine. While you have the line off make sure it and the fitting at the other end are not plugged. If it's blocked you will get oil vapors out the oil filler.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:06 pm

That is a discontinued part but the "Parts Depot" has some on hand. They only sell to dealers. So you need to go through a dealer that is willing to order from them. I don't know if Bermuda Ken buys from them or not. As far as that goes, Ken may have one on hand too.

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:07 am

Didn't at some point they stopped installing it at the factory? My '74 doesn't have one. It looks to have been plugged from the factory. If not, may be the source of some of the "blow-by" out the filler cap??
HR

http://www.tmtractor.com/ai/3816_001.htm

Chuck 53 Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Chuck 53 Cub » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:06 am

Thanks for the info. I have been to every hardware store in a 20 mile radius...no luck. I will email jp tractor salvage, and see if they have one, and if not maybe the local dealer would call the part's depot. Hey John, I used to do alot smallmouth fishing on the Courtois and Huzzah... sure is beautiful country!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:15 am

Now that I know which part it is you are looking for the answer is clear :roll: :lol:

I had the same problem on Ellie-Mae. Could not find that part for love nor money. Then a thought hit me - Fairview Fittings! (local company) Eureka :!: Not only that but I found that Fairview was a good place to get most of the brass/bronze even s/s fittings that no one else seemed to have whether it be for my Cubs or other engines/tractors (read lawn tractors).

Any quality pipe fittings dealer in your area should carry it. Take the assembly with you and the old fitting if you still have it. You may be better off to get new fittings both ends and a new pipe flared while you are at it. I did.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:15 am

Chuck, sometimes I don't think too fast, but the best place to find your fitting may be an auto parts store rather than a hardware store. That's where I got the brass radiator drain plug for Missy.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”