This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CHANGE OUT OIL PUMP?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
clovie mccord
10+ Years
10+ Years

CHANGE OUT OIL PUMP?

Postby clovie mccord » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:50 pm

I HAVE A 48 MODEL CUB . I WAS USEING IT TO PLANT PEAS WITH AND I LOST AALL OIL PRESSURE I HAVE CHECKED EVERY THING THAT I KNOW TO CHECK SUCH AS DROPING THE OIL PAN TO CHEVK FOR STOPED UP SCREEN , CHECKED THE PRESSURE VALVE , AND SPRING . THE ONLY THIG LEFT TO DO IS GET TO THE OIL PUMP IS THIS A MAJOR ENDEAVOR AND IS IT HARD TO CHANGE OUT .THANKS.
plant pull and pack

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:18 pm

Clovie,

It's fairly easy to do, but first you have to get at it. :lol: :cry: Split the tractor, remove the clutch and then the flywheel and there you are!
:cry:
Since you have the pan off, and before you go further... I'd add pressureized oil to the gallery to see where most of it goes. It may not be the a pump problem at all. A quart of oil in a garden sprayer can tell you a lot.

Another possibility is a slight air leak in the pickup tube, allowing the pump to lose its' prime.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:39 pm

Are you sure you actually lost oil pressure, and that your gauge didn't fail?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”