This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rod bearing clearence to close?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Steve Ruddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Rod bearing clearence to close?

Postby Steve Ruddy » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:29 pm

I just got done working on my rebuild for the day. The plastigage showed .002 clearence on the main bearings but the rod bearings are about .00175 some maybe closer to but not exactly.0015 is this OK? My book says .002 thru 003.
Steve Ruddy
Guerneville CA

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Michael Az
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Michael Az » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:56 pm

If you are pretty sure the measurement is good, I wouldn't have any problem with that at all. Only a couple ten thousands off. You could check it again tomorrow and if the ambient temperature is ten degrees lower than today, it would measure a couple tenths smaller. Maybe when they ground your crank, they didn't let the crank assume room temperature and being still warm from grinding, it checked out a little larger. Again two tenths is nothing.
Michael

Steve Ruddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Steve Ruddy » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:33 am

I wouldn't have any problem with that at all. Only a couple ten thousands off

Thanks I was hoping this would be the case.
Steve Ruddy

Guerneville CA

Return to “Farmall Cub”