This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SIDE Hood Emblems on 1955 Farmall Loboy

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

SIDE Hood Emblems on 1955 Farmall Loboy

Postby John Niekamp » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:04 pm

I was just looking on my hood/fuel tank on my LoBoy and saw that there are about 7, 1/8" drilled holes where the "Farmall" decal goes on both sides of the hood. Now my tractor had the vinyal decals and I am wondering that in 1955 they may have had an insert on the sides of the hood?

My "LOBOY" emblems on the lower of each side of the radiator are rectulangar and appears to be made from a piece of stamped stainless steel, the front hood emblem that says "IH" is made from a die cast type material. I'm thinking there had to be some type of insert, because a few of these holes still had the little springy steel keepers through the holes.

My question is, if these hood emblems are some sort of stamped out emblem. Where can I locate them, if they could even be found. I know that I would have to pay BIG BUCKS for original ones, maybe there is an aftermarket one. For the time being I will just go and buy a restoration decal kit and worry about something else at a later date. This is just ideas for my wish list and things I can buy as I find them.

Thanks,

John Niekamp

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:12 pm

A picture of the emblem that should be on the side your hood is pictured in the "number to farmall acres" thread.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:12 pm

John,

I got mine from JP Tractor Salvage.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:51 am

I drove about 500 miles and bought a junk $250 hood to get mine.

The previous owner of my tractor had stripped the emblems and fast hitch and sold it at auction as a parts tractor. The engine is rebuilt and it's my plowing tractor. Someday I'll get it painted and looking good.

In my sandy ground it can plow to full depth without the wheel weights.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Daniel H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27055
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super A
1955 Cub Lo-boy
1955 Ferguson TO-35

Postby Daniel H. » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:54 am

You can find the reproduction "FARMALL CUB" emblems but for a low-boy the "correct" one say "INTERNATIONAL CUB". I have not seen these reproduced anywhere. I wish they had kept the decals, I like the way they look better anyway, but I have never seen "INTERNATIONAL CUB" decals either :( .
The four most expensive words in tractor restoration: "We might as well..."

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:21 pm

Daniel:

I knew that I had seen that emblem before so I went searching for it. Found it in the Number for FarmallAcres post. The pic was posted by Cub-Bud (thanks)

Here it is:

Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Now I'm REAL confussed !!!!! But what's new ???

Postby John Niekamp » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:03 am

Ok, in George pictures, his emblems have, "McCORMIC" on the top emblem and then on the bottom is says, FARMALL CUB"

Then in Rudi's picture, show "INTERNATIONAL CUB" I assume that the top emblem would be again, "McCORMIC" Like I guess I should have on my 1955. I think Daniel is the one who brought that to my attention.

I have an idea GEORGE, how about just giving me everything shown in your top picture and then I would live with it if it's just not 100 original, LOL! Looks like one heck of a great find.

If all else fails, I will just leave it the way it is for the time being. Someday the correct emblems will show up, when your least expecting it.

Then again, I'm still trying to find hood emblems for my 1954 1 ton truck, that says "3800"

What is it about hood emblems, with me? What happends to them? Do they viberate off and then they are history? or is it, someone just takes them off to irritate me, :)

John

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:02 am

John,
Your tractor should have the large "International Cub" emblem on the hood and the "Lo-Boy" emblem on the extension. The "McCormick" emblem was not used on it.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:06 am

If all else fails, I will just leave it the way it is for the time being. Someday the correct emblems will show up, when your least expecting it.

John,

If you look closely at the hood in the picture you'll see that, like Johnnie Cash's transmission, the holes are gone. They were fiberglassed on the back side and filled completely so I could use decals... at least temporarily, and later punch the holes out. Some of the Cubs built in France use decals on the same hood so they never had holes.

I now have a different good correct hood to display the emblems on when I finish the job. All I'm waiting for is a round tuit.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:45 pm

On the French Cubs it really gets confusing because they say: McCormick,International and Farmall all on the same tractor.
This is for the metalic emblems and for the decals also.
Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John Niekamp » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:51 pm

Just wondering, what makes a French tractor different from a tractor for the US?

Did Farmall have a plant over there also?

All I am willing to bet on is me being use to having a gear shift between my legs, or to my right hand side. this may take some getting use to.

John

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:10 pm

Built at Saint Dizier, France This is the same plant that builds the transmissions for the new McCormick tractor. The early ones are American IH castings with French electrical, lighting, steering wheels, seat, carbs. Later ones were all French built with different castings etc......

Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:31 pm

They got them funny-worded decals on 'em, too. :shock:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Farmall Cub”