This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tractor Parade

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
rmarrion
10+ Years
10+ Years

Tractor Parade

Postby rmarrion » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:46 pm

Did anyone go to the tractor parade in Roxbury, CT today? If you were, I was driving the 1940 Farmall B (the smoker). I'll post pics soon!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ed Harbur
10+ Years
10+ Years

Tractor parade

Postby Ed Harbur » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:47 pm

I was at the tractor parade last weekend as well – what a cool thing to live in a town that sees fit to shut down a “main” street, and let kids drive tractors down it in a parade! I’m new to Roxbury, and was pleasantly surprised to learn about the parade, as well as to finally have a use for my (my grandfathers, actually) 48 Cub.

I saw your B, and loved its looks enough that I decided that I needed one myself; it would look great sitting next to the Cub. Sorry that I didn’t get a chance to introduce myself – whenever I walked by the B, there was never anyone that looked ‘attached” to it.

Ed Harbur

rmarrion
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rmarrion » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:18 am

Where are you in Roxbury? I dont actually live there but my grandfather lives on Botsford Hill Rd. We have a B and an H. Its neat to have someone that appreciates that town as much as we do.

Ed Harbur
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ed Harbur » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:03 pm

Botsford Hill Road is beautiful - I remember driving along on Rt. 67 in the mid 90's, and taking the turn at the blue barn, just to see what was there. By the time that I'd gotten to the top of Botsford and gone onto Town Line Road, I knew that I would live in Roxbury one day. It took a divorce, getting a kid off to college, and selling my old house in a really... "exciting" market to get here, but I made it! So far, I couldn't be happier. I ended up at 77 Squire Road; a great little house, but not enough land to really need my Cub. Luckily, the parade provided a fine excuse to drag it out of storage, clean it up, and freshen the mechanicals a bit. I let my 12 year old daughter drive it in the parade, and she had a wonderful time.

The Cub is a '48 that belonged to my grandfather, who bought it new. He didn't work it too hard, mostly cutting hay and plowing. It never spent a night outside in all those years, and remains almost entirely original, with the exception of things like tires and generators etc... Now that it's up and running, I'm thinking about using it to plow my driveway; I've got a plow and chains - but I'm not really sure how effective it will be; as a kid, I seem to remember my grandfather going out to replow every 4 inches or so in a heavy storm.

I thought about doing a repaint, but decided to leave it in it's original "patina." None the less, I think that doing a tractor restoration would be fun; I've got all the equipment and a place to do the work, all I need is a tractor that needs some attention. Which leads me up to thinking I need a "B"...

Feel free to stop by and introduce yourself.

Ed

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”