This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Name for my cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Name for my cub

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:26 am

It will be three years this summer I have had my cub. I have not done to much to him yet, engine is fine but want to do a restoration around the engine. I called it him because I was thinking of naming him SMOKEY a nickname people called my dad all his life, he is 91 1/2years old. We lived in the city and my folks raised 6 children on little money and my folks never had a car or a tractor, and used public transportation (bus and train) to get around. In respect for my dad never owning any thing with a steering wheel, I thought I should name my CUB smokey after my dad, and if it ever gets done I will have someone paint SMOKEY on the red radiator cap in white letters to match the white bar grille on the front. I would like to know what you all think of my choice. THANK YOU !! Paul K. in N.H.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:15 am

Paul:

That is an absolutely perfect choice. To call your Cub anything else now would be unthinkable. When we name our Cubs it usually is to remind us of what we first thought of when we saw them for the first time, something favourite that brings back a lot of memories or of someone close whom we love. To call your Cub "Smokey" after your Dad's nickname is a very fitting choice.

For the time being, why don't you get one of those personalized plates that are available with "Smokey" on it until you get it restored. That way your Dad can see it while he is still with you....
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub Name

Postby Bill V in Md » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:32 am

Paul,

That's a great story. Also, a Cub is a bear and Smokey is a famous bear. But I personally like Smokey because that is the name of the mascot (a Bluetick Coon Hound) for my Alma Mater......Bill V
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:32 am

Paul, that's a great choice. My 49 that Cub-bud is working on has been named Missy by his 3 year old dauther, and that is going to stick also.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

rleggitt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rleggitt » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:45 pm

Hi Paul,

I think you will be paying your dad a g-r-e-a-t tribute to name your CUB
after his nickname. If he is like most of his generation, no one would know
him by his given name anyway.

I have a '49 that belonged to my great uncle Ellis for 50+ years. I have
named it Rusty but after reading your post and feeling the emotion in it
I have officially re-named it E.L. for Ellis Leggitt.

Enjoy :lol: :D :D :D

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:07 pm

Paul. I agree with everyone that has responded above. So, as you can see, you have made a great choice for the name of your cub. Now.... What are you going to name your second cub?
Ron

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:29 pm

Hi All

THANK YOU all for your thoughts, SMOKEY it will be. Ron had asked what I would name my second cub. I will be very honest, a second cub would be great, but I would be very happy with just SMOKEY. The reason I would be happy with just the one cub is, I am having a hard time making things happen, I have had smokey for three years and have not got much accomplished. I am not complaining , just telling the true. I have several types of mental illness and I am unable to do much of anything. If things were to change and I some how got SMOKEY looking like what I see you folks posting on here for the last three years, and I got a second cub its name would somehow have to reflect all of the kind people on this board. I don't know how you would come up with a name for that, unless you called it something like kindness. So I don't know what is going to happen, but you people are the best. Well THANK YOU !! for listening and I know a lot of you out there have problems as well. PAUL K. in N.H.

Return to “Farmall Cub”