This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Update on Billy Ray

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:43 am

GW wrote:
Been there too! My doctors used a shotgun to kill the cancer and said it was radiation. Billy Ray can be very glad he followed an option that was denied me. I'll pray for his speedy recovery.

You know GW, it's been over 5 years since my surgery, and I still wonder if I made the right decision on the procedure I chose. It's impossible to know really.
Larry
The majority of men live lives of quiet desperation- Henry David Thoreau

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:39 pm

ljw wrote:GW wrote:
Been there too! My doctors used a shotgun to kill the cancer and said it was radiation. Billy Ray can be very glad he followed an option that was denied me. I'll pray for his speedy recovery.

You know GW, it's been over 5 years since my surgery, and I still wonder if I made the right decision on the procedure I chose. It's impossible to know really.
Larry

It's quite apparent I made the wrong choice nearly five years ago so I'm sure it's possible to know. My internal organs were/are severly damaged from the excess radiation in the hands of the wrong (incompetent) doctor... colon, bladder, and spinal cord. In the doctor's defense the cancer and my prostate are gone. A layman with a shotgun could have done the same thing.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:22 pm

This entire thread brings out the importance of early detection and treatment of prostate cancer. Any male over the age of 50 (and maybe even younger) should have an annual PSA blood test AND a digital rectal exam (no fun, but necessary) done. If your doctor doesn't suggest one, ask him why.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:22 pm

GW wrote:
In the doctor's defense the cancer and my prostate are gone. A layman with a shotgun could have done the same thing.

That is a bitter pill to swallow. My surgeon performed as well as any layman would expect. After saying that, I still have strong feelings about what I could've, would've, should've done. If my doctor had performed as yours did, I may have gone after him. So I may have an inkling of understanding in how you feel. And I hope I'm not presuming too much in saying that.
Don wrote:
Any male over the age of 50 (and maybe even younger) should have an annual PSA blood test AND a digital rectal exam (no fun, but necessary) done.

That is VERY important! Personally, my PSA was only 3.7, and they don't worry until it goes over 4. Thankfully, my doctor did the digital thing and felt the growth. So this is effective. You know, the old clique is that you'll die of old age before you die of prostate cancer. Don't bet your life on it!
P.S. Rumors have it that some guys don't mind that exam too much. :oops:
Larry
The majority of men live lives of quiet desperation- Henry David Thoreau

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:32 pm

get yourself well billy ray.thoughts and prayers be with you.
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:24 pm

Can't keep a good man down for long :!: Great news :!:
8)

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”