This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

154 Ignition Parts Cross-Reference?

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

154 Ignition Parts Cross-Reference?

Postby Into Tractors » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:37 am

Just wanting to get all my ducks in a row here. I'm heading over to 888's on Thursday to help work on his 154, unless he gets it solved before then. One way or the other, I'm planning on leaving there with it running, OR his wife will be leading me to the Dog House as well.

I'm planning on picking up some parts prior; Points, Condensor, Coil & possibly plugs. Just wanted to make sure, but all those parts should be/use the same part numbers as the normal F-Cub regardless if it has a Mag or Dist, Right :?: :?: The coil is a 12V coil, so I'll be sure to get the correct one and not a 6V coil.

Pretty sure I'm right on the parts being the same, just want to do a sanity check though. Thanks, MD
Mike Duncan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:39 am

They're the same.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Into Tractors » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:45 am

Thanks BD, can't hurt to get a second opinion. I was 99.9% certain, but you know how it goes, don't want to find out I messed up on the part numbers. Thanks again.
Mike Duncan

10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: 154 Ignition Parts Cross-Reference?

Postby 888 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:24 am

Into Tractors wrote:Just wanting to get all my ducks in a row here. I'm heading over to 888's on Thursday to help work on his 154, unless he gets it solved before then. One way or the other, I'm planning on leaving there with it running, OR his wife will be leading me to the Dog House as well.

She won't be there, she has a girls night out scheduled. The kids will be at the grandparents', it all looks to be under control.

The tractor is slightly less of a problem than the engineless VW Rabbit that has been in the driveway under a tarp for 3 months. The Rabbit (and engine and trans and boxes of parts) should leave this weekend, hopefully being towed by the newly running Cub out to the road to a waiting trailer, so the Cub will have a chance to show it's value and the Rabbit will be gone, it should be a happy occasion for all concerned......
:D
1974 Cub 154 Lo-Boy project - I know cars and trucks but I am a tractor rookie, please be warned !!!

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Into Tractors » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:34 am

Sorry Joe,
The tractor is slightly less of a problem than the engineless VW Rabbit

The only thing I do with rabbits is shoot and eat them. You're on your own on that project.
Mike Duncan

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:55 am

Whats a Cub towing a Rabbit??? Target practice!!!!!
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 888 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:28 am

I know, I know, but that 50 mpg comes in pretty handy. I drove a diesel Rabbit for 7 years, it saved me a tremendous amount of money even before gas got over $3/gal. Wish I never sold it.
1974 Cub 154 Lo-Boy project - I know cars and trucks but I am a tractor rookie, please be warned !!!

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Into Tractors » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:38 am

You know what, we could try to "Scare" your tractor and/or rabbit into running :twisted: :?: It would take me a couple of days to coordinate :idea: , but I "COULD" trailer over my "Green/Yellow" or "Orange" tractor and a chain to try and convince these guys to run :?: :oops:
Mike Duncan

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:48 am

I could just bring over the portable cub locator and coax the cub into running. Of course, it would want to climb on my trailer then...... :lol:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:08 am

Take you compression tester. An extra length of 16 gauge electrical wire (about 10 feet). Box of assorted electrical connectors. Some alligator clips to make a long jumper wire/test lead. Timing light and feeler guage.

Eugene
I have an excuse. CRS.

10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 888 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:15 am

If you guys can scare a turbodiesel engine and transmission from its current location in the Radio Flyer wagon in the garage into the Rabbit sitting 50 foot away in the driveway, give me a little lead time and I'll make us all a lot of money selling tickets. :lol:

Got the compression tester, feeler gauges, connectors. Looking upstairs today for a length of decent wire that I can use with clips.

Picked up all of the ignition parts this morning, a new battery last night. If it doesn't run, it won't be from a lack of new parts. :!:

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Into Tractors » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:22 am

I could just bring over the portable cub locator and coax the cub into running. Of course, it would want to climb on my trailer then......

BD, Guess I should have warned Joe about that :shock: He might want to reconsider now :?:

Take you compression tester. An extra length of 16 gauge electrical wire (about 10 feet). Box of assorted electrical connectors. Some alligator clips to make a long jumper wire/test lead. Timing light and feeler guage.

Pretty much have it all covered, with the exception of the timing light. I loaned mine out to a friend and he broke it. He's not much of a friend anymore :P , he was using it to set the the timing on his engine, got so caught up once he got it running, he jumped into the seat and took off driving. He failed to "Disconnect" my timing light and ran over it. I'm still not happy about it :evil:

Just got a PM from Joe, and he was able to get a tune-up kit (points/condensor/plugs) and a new coil this morning. Just sent him some more info on checking a few other things in the ignition system/coil before he starts taking things apart.

I'm still thinking he has a wiring issue somewhere, or a possbile safety interlock within the circuit that is acting up. Hopefully the info I sent him will give him what he needs to help point us in the right direction.

If not, I'll be heading over there Thurs after work to get my hands dirty and try to get him out of the Dog House.
Mike Duncan

10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 888 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:33 am

Got a timing light too, missed that one first time around. :!:

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”