This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Finally got a Cub! Now how do I get it home?

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Serious Tim
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Serious Tim » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:42 am

I'm hoping Friday *fingers crossed* :)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Baydog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54017

Request for a photo.

Postby Baydog » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:49 pm

Tim I would be happy to forward a photo to you of the Cub in a horse trailer, However I have no idea how to do it. My trailer is a standard 2 horse slant load steel trailer with a dressing room partition that folds back. The trailer is rated at I believe 7000 lbs and has a very good brake set up. The Cub does not come close to filling the trailer and it tows as if it were empty. I was thinking of buying a duel axel trailer to haul the Cub and thought heck it will fit in there perfect and it does. It also is handy for hauling kids and their junk to and from college. By the way your Cub is sure a nice looking tractor. Always remember " A man and his tractor is a beautiful thing" Don in NW Wisconsin
49 Cub
2910 Kubota
IH Collectors - Wisconsin Chapter #4

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:20 pm

you might want to put the money on renting a trailer towards the purchase of one, that way you'll have a way to get her to all those tractor shows and cub/fest. just my 3 cents.
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

Serious Tim
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Serious Tim » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:26 am

Well, this one's not gonna cost much. I calculated with the dimentions I found online, along with the measured dimentions from the seller (which seems to be accurate), that this trailer will do the job nicely:

http://www.uhaul.com/guide/index.aspx?e ... railer-5x9

Now I'm going to only clear by no more than 7" in any direction, but it should do fine. I called U-Haul, and they claim that the "tailgate" will support the Cub to drive on and off.

Today I have to call around and see who has this one.

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:17 pm

it should fit. i have hauled mine on a 5x8, tight fit lenght wise. keep in mind i only went 3 miles and the speed limit was only 35 mph.
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:58 pm

Do you guys remember "Virgin Andy"? He bought Paul Bell's FCUB. The one without hydralics. Well anyways, he used this exact trailer to tow his cub to Cubarama year before last. It's a very nice trailer. It will serve your purpose well.

Have fun !
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

Serious Tim
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Serious Tim » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:54 am

Well now I feel pretty confident! Thanks! :D

Apparently it measures out with the plow at 106", so I'm juuuuust gonna squeak it in. Don't mind taking the plow off if I have to, but I want to avoid doing that in their driveway fighting the bolts through a fresh coat of paint :shock:

Ah well, tomorrow's the day! I'm excited, and so are my tractor-crazy boys! (7 and 4)

Serious Tim
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Serious Tim » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:04 am

Here's a shot of them in front of a Cub that's used to cut grass, but also is used as a display in front of an ice cream shop. They have a Farmall C, an Allis Chalmers B, a McCormick Standard, and a John Deere of some kind.

It's a favorite stop :)

Serious Tim
10+ Years
10+ Years

Whatever happened to Serious Tim?

Postby Serious Tim » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:44 am

The evening before I went to pick her up, out of a clear blue sky my marriage fell apart. It's been a very hard couple weeks, but in the end my wife and I are in love and more dedicated to each other than we have ever been. I thank the Lord for what we have together, and she now realizes that the man of her dreams, is who she had all along.

I'll start off another thread to tell you the tale of my Cub, ask a few questions, and share a few pictures......just wanted to let you all know that I'm back, and I'm very glad to be here :)

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:15 am

We're glad things worked out for you Tim. A happy family life and loving spouse are most important.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:18 am

Tim,

I am very sorry to hear about your troubles, but also VERY glad to hear that you are working through them. I hope that all things work out for the best!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:17 am

Tim:

Sometimes the best marriages have to go through a bit of their own personal Niagara Falls -- on more than one level -- to become what you both wish it to be. Sometimes it is the little stuff that gets you -- very rarely is it the big stuff.

However, when two people who love each other, talke honestly with each other.. and with love... then they usually can resolve their differences.. and the marriage ends up 100 times better than it was.

You are in our prayers... we do hope that you both are able to work it all out and continue to be blessed with not only a good marriage but a superb, outstanding one, based on love, respect and sharing. Peace to you both (+)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Introduce Yourself”