This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Bolt Outs

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Bolt Outs

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:53 pm

A while back I posted about using the Sears Bolt Outs for removing bolts that had the head rounded off or corroded to where a socket or wrench wouldn't grip it. I noticed today that Autozone also sells the samething under the name Bolt Grip. They are Irwin (Vicegrip) brand, but they look as if the same company makes both. Also, the Autzone ones were aobut $2 per set cheaper.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:59 pm

Young man for work, old man for advice

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:22 pm

That's them, but Autozones prices are cheaper. Add on set was only 17.99, and main set was 19.99.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:24 pm

I paid $20.00 at Sears about 6-months ago for my set. It was $20.00 well spent, I feel like I got my moneys worth after the first use. Without them I would have needed a torch or grinder to get the battery box bolts out but the bolt-outs had no problem removing them.
Then came Bronson

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:41 pm

But! buy both sets and get free shipping and no sales tax.
Young man for work, old man for advice

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Bolt 0ut Sets

Postby Dan England » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:43 pm

I bought the set from Sears for $20.00. These worked so well that I purchased an alternate set, also from Sears, giving me 10 different sizes. They have even allowed the removal of bolts which attach battery boxes to the to the housing, one of the most difficult bolt removals on the Cub. If a bolt head breaks from the shaft, no problem. Select a smaller size bolt-out to grasp the shaft and walk it out of the housing. They really do work. Dan

BillB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BillB » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:01 am

I have used these tools many times with great success. The company I work for has two steel shot blasters and over time the shot destroys the metal and hardware.I have done my fair share of grinding, drilling, and tapping new holes for part replacement.Three years ago I purchased a set of these bolt-outs from our "tool truck", and they are well worth the space they take up in my tool box.

tnestell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48609
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby tnestell » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:03 am

When I read this yesterday morning I thought that I didn't need these. Getting ready to paint my Jeep Comanche (Cub tow machine, mandatory content) I screwed up a lug nut and spent a couple hours messing with it to no avail. Off to Sears, back and in about two minutes it was off. I spent a few $$$ more for the impact set. Man I've needed these for over 30 years. Ted

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:25 am

I almost bought the impact set, but they are closed on the end, with standard ones being open, allowing them to be used over a long bolt or threaded rod. I use a cheap impact wrench and socket with the standard set. I originally bought mine to remove the mounting bolts from the bottom of the battery box, as Dan did, but have used them on several things since. Really work great on bolt heads that have become worn on the bottom of rotary mower decks.

Return to “Farmall Cub”