This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

PTO adapter

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eric
10+ Years
10+ Years

PTO adapter

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:37 pm

Does anyone know if you can buy an adapter for the PTO shaft that would change the number of splines from 11 to a standard 6 spline? I was interested in using newer equipment with my '49 cub and I can find anything with an 11 spline hook-up.

Thanks,
-Eric

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:23 pm

Eric,

If you could find such an adapter, what would you run with it? It would have to be something that could run backward and at 3X the standard speed. You just missed such an adapter on eBay that sold for more than $808. I wasn't considering selling mine, but at that price, I may.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

russ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby russ » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:47 pm

If you are just looking to change the spline to a 6 spline,your local IH dealer should have an adapter in stock I just bought one for $28.00 plus tax. The ones from the dealer are machined steel were as some cheeper types are pressed metal and sell for about $12.00. I looked at both,and felt that the machined was a lot better peice(stronger and better fit). I no longer need the one that I bought and would sell it for $20.00 plus shipping . Russ

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:08 am

Eric,

This is the adapter George is talking about. It will change the direction and shaft size.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=2597931898
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:58 am

Larry,

This is the one I was talking about. The driven gear is 3 times as large as the driving one to really convert the RPM. I don't see how those that are the same size on both sides can do it... unless the driving gear is very small.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2595040187&category=56175&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

As I said in another post, it's like the unit I have on Scruffy.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:00 am

Wow, :shock: two totally different units. Do both accomplish the same thing or, is one better than the other. Looks like the bigger would be better :?: :roll:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Farmall Cub”