This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Something to haul em with

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:06 pm

Got em :D :D :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:08 pm

Donny M, Here is my 18' beaver tail. How many Cubs you think this will Haul. If I could get them on I'd say about 4. I hauled this load over 600 mi. no problem. H&S makes one hell of a trailer butt they aren't cheep. I've got about 2500lbs. setting right on the front plus the car engine is ahead of the axles.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:32 pm

Once this weather lets up (rain...no snow :( :( ) I'm going to try to get the 3 loaded. My thinking now is to put 2 on the front of the trailer sideways in opposite directions and 1 straight in on the back. Sooner or later (sooner I hope) I'll have to make some stake sides or some screw down wheel chocks of some sort.

Bill,

Cuda or Challenger? 440 six pack?

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:46 pm

Donny, That car ain't mine. Just hauled for a guy at work. Just happened he bought that car in the same town I got the skid steer. So he paid my way up and back to bring the car home for him. I didn't realize that we were coming home MOPAR week in Columbus and people kept starring and asking questions at rest stops. I had to keep telling them I know nothing about that thing in the back. I personally was much more interested in the thing in the front.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:55 pm

Donny, Don't worry about chocks or sides on your trailer. They won't hold a load like you need. Just go to samms club and buy there 2" heavy duty strapps. Properly strapped or chained is the best way to hold your load down. Strapps can in some situations be better at securing than chains. That pic of my load was strapps and they never needed retightned. I can flex the side of my trailer with strapps, They have a lot of power. Sams is cheapest place to buy them if you have one near by.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:32 pm

Donny M wrote:Once this weather lets up (rain...no snow :( :( ) I'm going to try to get the 3 loaded. My thinking now is to put 2 on the front of the trailer sideways in opposite directions and 1 straight in on the back. Sooner or later (sooner I hope) I'll have to make some stake sides or some screw down wheel chocks of some sort.

Donny,

It sounds like a good plan. I hadn't considered loading two crosswise since my trailer is too short ahead of the wheels. You have an advantage, since you don't have a front bulkhead (yet). Do you have an equalizer hitch? I've found that moving part of the tongue weight to the truck front axle is a big advantage for a bumper pull trailer.

I would think about a safety stop for loading unless you load with a winch like Mike Schmudlach does.

For sure, show us some pictures when you get 3 aboard!
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:40 pm

Donny,

Another thought... You probably already do this, but for those with less experience... the starter is a good device for fine tuning the tractor's location. Just make SURE the switch is off!
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:03 pm

George,

I do have an equalizer hitch on the truck but haven't rigged up the trailer yet.

I have 94" from the front of the trailer to the fender. I figure I can get the 2 on the front with this much room as the Cubs rear tires will go above the fender somewhat. If not I can always angle the rear of the Cub away from the fender.

I don't have a winch but I do have a chain fall I'm planning to use as the 2 49's aren't running.

I will take pictures as soon as I get them loaded, which may not be for a couple of days. It's forecasted to rain until Thursday.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:48 pm

Well I've got one of the 49's loaded and it's going to work fine. I loaded it up sideways on the trailer and then pulled it backward toward the fenders. I have 51" from the back wheels to the front of the trailer and 59" from the front wheels to the front of the trailer. Since the other 49 is 54" at the widest point this will work fine. A little tricky doing it by myself but it's on! :D :D I'll put the other 49 on the front in the opposite direction.

And one to haul em with...

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:59 pm

Donny- Looks like it will work. Your axle setup in the pic doesn't look like the typical 60-40. It looks more like 50-50. Is that an illusion or did you buy that trailer that way? Also what is your distance between the fenders?

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:08 pm

Bill,

By 60-40 do you mean the axel placement? If so It's close to that. It is 10' 4" from the front of the bed to the center of the axels. The bed width is 83" between the fenders.

Return to “Farmall Cub”