This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CUB MODEL 154

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
LARRY BALL
10+ Years
10+ Years

CUB MODEL 154

Postby LARRY BALL » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:24 pm

Hi Everyone!! I haven't been on line much since TEXAS TUMBLE! Quick question?? I found a Cub Model 154 in need of a good home. The PO mounted a Woods L59 on it, which is still in good shape. The majority of the sheet metal is all there but disassembled. All in good shape. Someone told me it was needing a clutch. How many of the parts are transferable to a standard Cub? This may work into a "u-Haul" --"u-can have deal" I know engine,carb, is the same but what about the particulars. I have onlt seen pictures.
Thanks, LARRY :lol: :lol:
LARRY BALL

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:42 pm

Larry - the clutch assembly on the 154 is entirely different. As far as I know, none of the components are the same as an offset cub.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:37 pm

BD's right as usual. Completely different setup. There is a seperate clutch for the PTO, which does come in handy. My folks had one and it was a great mower. I know that Ralph has one too, I'm sure he can offer some advice.
Mike Duncan

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:51 pm

Larry,

The basic engine is the same since Rambo has one from a 154. A lot of stuff has to be changed... flywheel, manifold, starter, generator, fan, crankshaft pulley, and etc. On Rambo's the crankshaft was bored for the clutch pilot, but maybe not all of them are since the 154 doesn't need a pilot bushing.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:03 pm

Cand G has clutch parts for the 154. T/O bearing is very pricey over $100.00. Not a major project to change clutch. Its in front of the transmission, not at the flywheel. Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

kencombs
10+ Years
10+ Years

154`

Postby kencombs » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:15 pm

The 154 is a nice little machine but a lot different from a standard cub

The PTO clutch can be troublesome. A little expensive to rebuild but fixable.

The drive clutch has been known to shear the drive pin or bolt. If fixed quickly its ok, but if it is run with a loose fit, it can ruin the hub or shaft.

Check the frame for cracks where it narrows to go over the axle housings. They have been known to crack there. The resulting flex can break the PTO shaft inside the PTO clutch housing. expensive repair, DAMHIKT!

But with all that said, it is a great mowing machine for larger open areas.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”