This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How do I.... ?
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:59 pm

I have a picture I would like to use as an avatar but, it is to big. How can I reduce the size of the picture so I can use it :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:15 pm

Larry,

If you have a graphics editor (and you should), That should be one of its' functions. Failing that, send it to me in an email and I'll re-size and send it back. It will only take a few minutes.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:51 pm

On Windows systems "Paint" can do it. May be clumsy, but it works. The "stretch" function will do it.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:13 pm

Keep them to 80x80 pixels or smaller and less that 6k please...
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:00 pm

Well, I finally figured out the "stretch thing" and got my picture reduced to 80x80 and 3.14 KB; looks like it works. Thanks George, Jim, and Dennis :D
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Yo's Dad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Yo's Dad » Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:34 am

Dennis: I was under the impression from a previous post that the max avatar size was 85x85. If 80x80 is correct, then my avatar does not comply. I will be happy to reduce it's size, please let me know. I need to use a more friendly version anyway. Maybe I'll go into Photoshop and add a big grin....
YD, Grover and Ole Malley
‘Keepers of the Flame’ Image

Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:09 pm

YD,
Please redue your picture. I know your'e a great guy but that picture would even scare Grover! :lol:
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:12 pm

Yo's Dad wrote:Dennis: I was under the impression from a previous post that the max avatar size was 85x85. If 80x80 is correct, then my avatar does not comply. I will be happy to reduce it's size, please let me know. I need to use a more friendly version anyway. Maybe I'll go into Photoshop and add a big grin....

The 80x80 is a recommended max size. (Smaller is OK too!) Unlike me with my 36" LCD pannel mounted on the wall :lol: (I wish), some folks may have a 15" monitor or WebTV which may (just guessing) make an avatar take up a good portion of their screen...

The same is true for posting pictures links in the message board. 640x480 JPG/GIF is about a maximum size for most folks. Larger images can be linked to using the URL.

Tom - your avatar makes you look much to distinguished for the Cub site, perhaps you should add a John $@#$% hat to your picture!
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:31 pm

From the look on Pop's face, you'd think that I just scratched Ole Malley or sumthin' :!:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Yo's Dad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Yo's Dad » Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:34 pm

OK, that does it. Avatar is gone until I can find something appropriate. Grover didn't like it either. Stay tuned.
YD, Grover and Ole Malley

‘Keepers of the Flame’ Image

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”