This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

One more prayer request

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

One more prayer request

Postby Bigdog » Wed May 02, 2007 12:19 pm

Ya'll might think I'm silly but if you would be so inclined please keep the Lildog and his family in your thoughts and prayers. They are about to deal with one of life's major trials.
John, Sheri and Mikey have a pet, a dog named Harry who has advanced to old age and it is time to end his pain. Harry suffers from arthritis and has reached the point where he can no longer walk. Tomorrow he will be relieved of his suffering. Please remember the kids tonight as they they spend some quiet time with Harry and try to explain it all to Mikey (5 years old). I know they can use your thoughts and prayers to ease their burden at this time.
They have another dog named Odie who will lose her companion and buddy. I'm sure it will be confusing for her too.
So, if you don't think I'm a silly old man, please remember the kids as they prepare for this ordeal.

Thanks
BD

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lance Leitzel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45011
Tractors Owned: 1960 Loboy
1974 154 Loboy
1968 72 Cub Cadet

Postby Lance Leitzel » Wed May 02, 2007 12:24 pm

Not silly at all, as a father of 3, consider it done.
Ego diligo meus tracti.
(I love my tractors)

spiveyman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29644

Postby spiveyman » Wed May 02, 2007 12:54 pm

Yea thats no fun at all for ANYONE. I've been there done that - the man upstairs will be hearin from me tonite. SOrry to hear all that. :cry:
Andrew Spivey

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

'49 Cub.....(Mr. Cub)

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Wed May 02, 2007 1:40 pm

Not silly at all. Just a good Grandpa being a good Grandpa. Consider it done.

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Wed May 02, 2007 2:24 pm

them pets become as much of the family as anyone else, always tough to let go even when we know it's for the best. prayers sent :!:
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed May 02, 2007 2:36 pm

Will do.

Very :( to hear.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed May 02, 2007 2:53 pm

God bless them.
It is hard but it is a lesson in life. Funny how some kids can cope with such a problem and others have so much of a fight against reality. One of my daughters was so torn about a dogs condition but the thought of putting the dog out of it'\se missery tore her up. She said to me "what if it was You?" I think my direct answer of" If I were in that shape I hope some one would put me out of my miser" startled her but also put a thought in her of the mercy involved so that she then was able to cope with it. In a way it is preperation for when we go. No one ever said "Life will be easy"
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed May 02, 2007 3:12 pm

Done :!:

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Wed May 02, 2007 6:14 pm

I'll send prayers too BD :(

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Wed May 02, 2007 6:47 pm

Bigdog, consider it done. i just watched my Dad go through that very same thing with his dog. Not a easy thing even if you are older.

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed May 02, 2007 8:02 pm

BD:

It is not silly by any stretch of the imagination, and I am very much inclined. I would think that Harry is as much a part of Lil' Dog's family as Spook was to ours, and if that is so, then I certainly understand what John, Sheri and Mikey are going through. Spook was not only my dog, he was a member, a vital member of our family who helped us all as we coped with the boulders life threw in our path. When Spook got so sick 3 years ago, and we had to put him down, it broke our hearts.

I was priveledged to be there for Spook, and my daughter Amanda and I held Spook as he was put to sleep one last time. Amanda and I held him long past that point in time, but he was still with us. He is still with us.

Harry is an important part of John, Sheri and Mikey's journey, and it is altogether right and proper that they cherish and feel for Harry as he ends his particular journey here. So yes, There will be prayers for John, Sheri and especially Mikey as they prepare for tomorrow, and as they continue their grieving.. BD, let them know they are not alone.

This is our Spook..

Wish I had a better pic on the server..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

dirt devil
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 04461
Skype Name: dirtdevil919
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1963 Farmall Cub
1965 IH Cub Lo Boy
1964 Cub Cadet 100
1967 Cub Cadet 123

Postby dirt devil » Wed May 02, 2007 8:11 pm

As stated above I have been there as well and these animals really are members of the family.

I will be thinking of them as well

Dave
Dave

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Wed May 02, 2007 8:13 pm

We also will say a prayer for them.

Like many here, we went through the same thing with our Shelty about 2 years ago. Her memory will always be with us.
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

flag
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby flag » Wed May 02, 2007 8:53 pm

Yeppers, pets are family and is sad to loose one, I too am in the same boat but not as near. I've been hinting around to my youngest son so he may be better prepared for that day. I know the feeling of a child, been there done that ain't we!
Added to the prayer list!

DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Wed May 02, 2007 9:23 pm

Our thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

http://www.rainbowbridge.com
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”