This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

B Farmall Project Underway

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

B Farmall Project Underway

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:25 pm

Thought I might post a pic of the B in it's present state 8) . The rear axles and one final drive housing are at the local machine shop having broken bolts removed from them. The cylinder head is in Memphis at J.B. Cook being totally re-worked. The motor was just removed today and is in the back of my pick-up. The rest of the tractor is neatly tucked away under a 10'x20' pole awning set-up in the corner of the yard :wink: . Ole' Miss B sort of resembles a cub :!:

Last edited by Cub-Bud on Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:49 pm

Larry,

Stick with it and you'll get to the point My Allis C got to at one point. I didn't think to take a picture untill after it started back together.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:49 pm

I did not do it with my cubs but, I decided to keep a photo journal of this re-new. I will have before, during, and after pics to go along with the stack of parts invoices that will ensue :shock: :!:

What material are the oil pans on the finals made of on "Alice C" :?: Must be pretty strong to hold the weight without collapsing :? .
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:03 pm

Cub-Bud, you would have no problem setting the final drive pans of your B on blocks the same way, That's how I block up an A,B etc as a matter of routine.
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:29 pm

Well, after 2 days and about 8 hours of work, my father and I got the final drives rebuilt and back on Miss B. New bearings, seals, gaskets, and hardware from the rear differential out. Here's a pic.

Greg Norman

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”