This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall B Starter Configuration

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Farmall B Starter Configuration

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:00 pm

I am in the process of re-newing a 1945 Farmall B. Can anyone provide me with the correct Delco Starter number and photos showing the correct configuration for starting (push button start, pull lever start :? ) :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:58 pm

Can't help you with that, but heard you are now the proud owner of an A.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:06 pm

Cub-Bud,
If you look on Rudi's Manual website there is a parts list catalog for a Farmall A and B. That should tell you what you need to know. If you need the starter info I can get it tommorrow. I have a B that I've been working on. It has part of an exhaust lift and I've been trying to find parts for it. I have a 1 bottom plow for it. If you need more info. let me know. Oh, if I remember right, I thought it was you that bought the tractor on E-Bay. Am I right?

Regards,
ljw

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:06 pm

The B starter is 55784D, Delco 1107021. It has a directly mounted switch, similar to the ones on the Cub. The switch is mounted the opposite way from how it is on the Cub It is activated by a foot operated push rod.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:52 pm

Thanks ljw. Yes, I was the lucky "e-buyer" that got the Farmall B. I got it for less than what I paid for each of my two cubs :!: I will take a look at Rudi's site. I have ordered a parts book and a service manual from Binder Books; I am awaiting their arrival.

Yes John, I am the lucky owner of a new old tractor. It is a Farmall B. I haven't gotten the urge to purchase an A yet. :wink:

Thanks Jim Becker. :!: I spoke with John Hargis, Jr. about a week ago about this same subject. You have confirmed what he said about the saddle switch mounted "backwards" and the foot operated push rod. A BIG thanks for the IH and Delco numbers :!: 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”