This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Look what turned up this afternoon on a trailer...

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Look what turned up this afternoon on a trailer...

Postby Patbretagne » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:52 pm

I know it is not red and doesn't start with C, but over a year ago I made an offer for this piece of old iron, several times I have renewed my offer but never was it accepted, that is until about a week ago, My original price was accepted, no haggling!
So today at 12 noon, I arrived a few miles away with an envelope full of notes and a cheque, in the Landrover and a borrowed trailer, 3.30 it was unloaded chez nous (at our house) with three flat tyres, not having run for about 30 years.
After the last war, germany was made to give away a lot of patents and the like to France as damages to France.
One of those things was a Lanz Tractor of 25HP. IN Lanz Language it would be a 7506 of 1949, but it is made in France to Lanz designs and it is called "Le Parcheron".
In french Le Percheron is a sort of draught-horse, somewhat like a Clydsdale, the tractor was called that as it was a replacement for the horse.
Enough of the history lesson, but a very interesting addition to the stable, 6000 made, not many remaining, I know of two others in this area.
Front view with Citroen 2cv lights!
Best wishes
Pat

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:39 pm

Great job Pat!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

spiveyman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29644

Postby spiveyman » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:41 pm

That thing is sweet! 8)
Andrew Spivey

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

'49 Cub.....(Mr. Cub)

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:34 pm

looks pretty stout for 25 hp
Ron

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:41 pm

Can't wait to see it after you're finished with it, Pat :?:
8)

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:11 pm

Very Nice Pat ! Keep us posted as you progress on it.
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:36 pm

You have quite an eye for interesting things.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

junkman1946
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby junkman1946 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:27 pm

Pat Is it the single cylinder shotgun shell start, like the Bulldog. :?: :?: :?: Frank
1948 Cub F,1962 Original,1971 C.C.model86, WheelHorse and C.C. mini pulling tractors, C.C. models1450 , 682,106,123, Ariens GT17 with loader,Jacobsen Powermax loader and backhoe 8 more Cub Cadets in the shed waiting to go under the knife and spray gun.

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:19 am

Hi everyone, thanks for the kind comments,

Junkman, no in fact it isn't cartridge start, the only euopean tractor that I have tripped across with that system is the later Field Marshall and Fowler Crawler tractors from UK. All the Lanz Bulldog range are hot bulb that you heat with a blowlamp till very hot, then start it by turning the crankshaft first one way then the other till it fires, the diesel spray is injected directly into the hot bulb exploding thus turning the engine.
Some of the later Lanz had electric start with a 12v motor and complicated system of coils and contacts that would first turn one way then the other foairly rapidly so that on one compression the engine fires and takes over.

However on others one has to turn the engine manually with either a disk that is purpously mounted on one of the flywheels, or as is the case with le Percheron, one takes off the steering wheel and part of the steering shaft, insert it in the hollow end of the crankshaft and turn that from side to side, once engine is running casually put the steering wheel back in place and drive off.

There is a video of this, not very good but you will see the pricipal.

http://www.dynapay.com.au/tony/lanz/Vid ... ulldog.wmv

I have suggested that if you are interested there are a number of videos of Lanz and Vierzon tractors on the following site
http://www.dynapay.com.au/tony/lanz/index1.htm have a look you may be interested

Perhaps one day we will see a video of Pat nonchalently putting his steering wheel back on his Percheron?

Pat

Festus
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 42355
Tractors Owned: 1953 Cub
1953 Super C
1953 Super H
1953 Super M
1956 100
1964 140
1972 JD 4020

Postby Festus » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:23 am

Pat,

Great find. We have three Percherons on the farm but they all have four legs rather than four tires. Sometimes, though, they are probably harder to get started than your Percheron :lol:

Festus
"When you read the readin', how do you know the feller who wrote the readin, wrote the readin' right?" - Festus from Gunsmoke

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:32 am

Pat;
It wasn't till I started thinking (something I try to do often) tht I remembered Percheron hoprses. A friend of mine Al Cobb in Waterloo NY had a pair on his farm. Al was quite the guy. When I first met him he had 468 beef and over 100 horses, ponys and mules. He taught me to Disc with the percherons. Al had been a farmer on Long Island using animals before WWII and after a buldozing contractor. With all the houses built on LI there was very little land left for farming. He had a 900 acre spread over 3 farms including some rented land. The horses were his tie to his early life running the farm for his grandmother after his frandfather died. Any way back to the percherons. They were gentle giants. Smarter at discing than I ever will be and such willing workers. Al has a way with animals. All were ride and drive execpt the mules but you could ride them. Al is 92 now and no longers farms or brokers hay. That all came to an end when he was knocked off the top of a load of hay while trying to adjust for tieng down. He broke his hip. He recovered but decided enough is enough. I stopped to visit with him on my way home from Georges January Cuf Fest.
The Percheron mane brings back many happy thoughts.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:22 am

Wow Pat another awesome tractor 8) Keep us up dated on you progress :!:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Ida Red
10+ Years
10+ Years

Look at Lanz

Postby Ida Red » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:54 pm

My brother has a 25HP on full steel; and a 1933 25Hp in good running condition painted and it is forsale. Red
IHC made a quality machine and was leader of the pack.Let's keep them running,

mark1757
10+ Years
10+ Years

Le Percheron

Postby mark1757 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:03 am

Pat,
Felicitations! Le Percheron est forte!
Mark
"But the Farmall Cub is part of the family, we could never sell it." My wife. 4/9/2007

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:41 am

Pat,

I'm hoping you are reading this thread... You've been missed. I did a double take when I read your post because I thought you already had a Lantz.

In any case... Hurry back!
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”