This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ConnectiCubFest 2007 - with Photos

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cecil » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:59 pm

I've got the starter out of the 57 that I can bring along. If I get a chance I will rebuild one of the mags I have and bring that with me also.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:34 pm

I just looked this picture up for a reply to another post. This could be plan B.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

okay george only you.
I like that idea now I have a reason to get a heavy right angle drill or put a long pipe ext in my Dewalt so I can brace it against the ground
Ron

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:34 pm

Is the hood for the power unit the same as for a Cub tractor only without the gas tank portion?
If so, Dave-on your '59 were you doing a whole new hood or cutting off the tank and replacing it, salvaging the front half?
You know where I'm going with this, right?
Don, Thanks for your input. BlackJeep, can you work with Art to get the parts so they will be there?
Cecil-THANKS!
BigBill, work with either BlackJeep or Artc or maybe someone else on the forum has built a stand. You could post the question as a separate thread.
All you other CT Cubbers (as well as anyone else who wants to come), don't feel as though you are being left out. By all means step up with your thoughts and contribute to the 1st ConnectiCubFest.
Thanks,
Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:38 pm

The power unit hood is NOT the same as a cub hood minus the tank. Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06870

Postby CTdave » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:28 pm

Cecil, as usual I appreciate your (and everyones) help!!
Is there a need for my air compressor & air tools? I'll have a regular tool box along but if anyone needs air, I'd be happy to bring it (just needs 110 volts).
As far as the 59, the head is off and after the kroil treatment in the troublesom cylinder. The engine is loose and turns freely. One valve is hanging up but I can tap it down. I think a cleaning with something good will get rid of the gunk hanging it up. I have a new tank/hood as the old one was rotted out. I also have a new fuel bowl and fuel line. I checked under the cap & find where the points are to be in very nice shape. No corrosion. As far as I can see, everything else looks good. The inside of the starter looks perfect. I have not yet checked the radiator for leaks. There doesn't seem to be any corrosion around the base but I'll get some anti freeze & check it out. I don't want to put water in as it's 40 right now but going down to 12 tomorrow.
I need to order right away so I have on hand:
Head gasket set.
Carb rebuild kit.
Battery.
Ignition switch.
I'm not going to worry about all the cosmetic stuff for now. I can do that. I'm just grateful that you guys with all the knowledge are willing to help out!!!!!
Is there anything else you think I might need? I will bring a fist full of money so anything you supply, I will pay for. I'm not shy about shoving money into someones pocket. Come to think of it, How about I sponsor a breakfast or lunch (how many are expected :shock: :lol: )
Please let me know what else I could possibly need.
Thanks again!!
Dave

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Peter Person » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:45 pm

Dave,
I think Saturday breakfast & dinner are covered, at least I've not heard that spaceghost can't do the dinner and Stick the breakfast. Lunch is going to be catch-as-catch can either brown bag or onsite vendors.

What I would like to see come out of the work on your '59 is a good opportunity for all of us to learn hands on how to maintain our Cubs as well as the more common repairs, etc. With all of the different fluids, lube points, etc. that a Cub has, it can be pretty daunting to read through the maintenance section of the owners manual.

Bring the air-can't hurt and if it's not there and you need it :oops:

All we need now is good weather! 8)

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CTdave » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:51 pm

Peter Person wrote:
What I would like to see come out of the work on your '59 is a good opportunity for all of us to learn hands on how to maintain our Cubs as well as the more common repairs, etc. With all of the different fluids, lube points, etc. that a Cub has, it can be pretty daunting to read through the maintenance section of the owners manual.Peter

Thanks Peter! Being a new cub fanatic, I'm looking forward to learning. I started reading the maual about the simple thing like lube points :shock: Holy christmas, it's never ending. It make me realize that taking my 48 for lots of rides means I need to start taking care of her too.

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CTdave » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:08 pm

OOOooo! I just thought of something. On my '48, there are 8 bolts which at some point were cut off. They are the ones for the impliment mounts on both sides of the bell housing and just to the rear of the bell housing. There is not enough exposed to get a vice grip on them. Should I buy some "easy-outs"or will someone have them there? If I should buy them, what size would work best? Someone mentioned a left handed drill bit would do it but I'm thinking easy outs would be my best bet.

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Peter Person » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:10 pm

Dave,
Are you sure they are the cut ends of bolts or corks :oops:
Peter

Circle of Safety

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:29 pm

CTdave wrote:OOOooo! I just thought of something. On my '48, there are 8 bolts which at some point were cut off. They are the ones for the impliment mounts on both sides of the bell housing and just to the rear of the bell housing. There is not enough exposed to get a vice grip on them. Should I buy some "easy-outs"or will someone have them there? If I should buy them, what size would work best? Someone mentioned a left handed drill bit would do it but I'm thinking easy outs would be my best bet.

Dave,

"Easy-outs" wouldn't be a solution, but a problem. That's if, instead of the original cork what you have turns out to be real metal. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D :D :D

Easy-outs is a misnomer. They are a real troublemaker. :( :( :( They should be avoided at all costs. :D
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CTdave » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:37 pm

Peter Person wrote:Dave,
Are you sure they are the cut ends of bolts or corks :oops:
Peter

Peter, all I can say is I think I should have been riding the short bus to school. The cork I removed from the bottle a little while ago is an exact match for the "cut off bolts" :oops: :oops: :lol:
I thought to myself a few minutes ago "it can't possibly be that easy" so I went & got my center punch & Wow............I didn't need a hammer. Your right! Cork..............
Scrub the easy out idea :oops:
Ya learn something new every day! I feel like a dumbass :oops:

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:42 pm

Don't beat yourself up. The only dumb question is the one you think of but don't ask.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CTdave » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:43 pm

George Willer wrote:
CTdave wrote:OOOooo! I just thought of something. On my '48, there are 8 bolts which at some point were cut off. They are the ones for the impliment mounts on both sides of the bell housing and just to the rear of the bell housing. There is not enough exposed to get a vice grip on them. Should I buy some "easy-outs"or will someone have them there? If I should buy them, what size would work best? Someone mentioned a left handed drill bit would do it but I'm thinking easy outs would be my best bet.

That's if, instead of the original cork what you have turns out to be real metal. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D :D :D

Yeah, yeah, yeah...........ya got me! :lol: Just call me a greenhorn, wetback, newbie, mow-ron, flake-tard, misjudged misfit, retard etc....
I've never heard of something like this :oops: Actually, I'm calling myself that right now LOL :roll: :lol: I can honestly say I've done stupider things in my day :wink: Ya live & learn!
Dave

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:50 pm

CTDave, Just think of all those nice clean threaded holes you have waiting there. Waiting for you to hang something off them with some new implement bolts! If you feel the need to drill out some broken bolts, I'll send you a final drive I have that has a few "problem bolts".

Bob

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”