This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Xmas Presents

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Scott C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scott C » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:16 pm

Jim,
Let me know how you like that.
I'm loosing my company van and getting an allowance for a vehicle. I have to sacrifice a little muscle for gas mileage but at least a pickup is approved in the company's scheme of things. I've had 7 Fords and never a Chevy but the new Fords don't come with a standard tranny unless you get the "Legacy" (old body style) series. Looks like I'm in for a 1500 Silverado. I'm moving to Charleston, WV.......I hope a Chevy can handle the hills :roll:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:00 am

Manual transmissions in light trucks are getting impossible to find. Chevy has gone to all automatics on 1/2 ton trucks too. You have to go up to a 2500 to find a manual transmission. Even on the 2500HD, the rare manual transmissions I found in stock were on stripped down "work truck" models. The only manual shift truck I located that was even close to what I wanted was near Little Rock, nearly 400 miles away.

Since I was out of time on ordering one with a manual before the current rebates expired, I went with an automatic.

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:06 am

I used to hate automatics, but these new electronically-controlled autos are pretty slick. I think you'll like it, Jim.
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:53 pm

When my dad (the CEO) was looking at new trucks he found that the autos had more towing capacity. His best friend had a st transmission, and got poorer mileage that dad with his auto.
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:50 pm

Hey Jim, What power-plant does your new truck have in it and is it gas or diesel?.
Then came Bronson

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:33 pm

Jim,

Your Christmas present makes my Farm Show CD pale by comparison. I'm sure it will take me years to get through it, if I ever do. There is a lot of interesting stuff packed into 25 years worth of articles.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:58 pm

The engine is a 6.0L gas. I'd never drive it enough to get the extra money back out of a Diesel.

The Farm Show CD should take years to read. After all, it took years to write. Owners Manual for the truck will take years to read too. Looks like about 500 pages.

Return to “Farmall Cub”