This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Horseradish

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:47 am

Sonny!!!
thanks for the horseradish. the package was placed on my porch instead of my mailbox. i will try to get them planted today as soon as my head stops hurting :lol:
thank you very much!
john

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:42 pm

That should give you some good starts, as well as a "sample" batch now to taste & expeirment with!! ---enjoy!! thanks; sonny

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:20 pm

Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:43 pm

sonny, that is some hot horse radish!!!! i just cleaned a small root and simply ate it. my sinuses are clear now and i dont have a hang over anymore. thanks very much!
don that is a good link i rarely go that that part of the forum, but i will go more often now.
thanks
john

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:36 pm

John!! NOW, Do you believe me when I said earlier that this kind would make your ears pop,--eyes run,----and p--your pants all at the same time???? I like the flavor of it, dab will do ya!
We don't put any water in when we grind it, just vinegar, a little sugar, and a pinch of salt. That is for small food processor, as we don't have large one! when its done grinding we put it in small jars and store them in the fridg., keeps all winter, or until used! I always thought the water diluted the "hots" of it and I like it straight up on fried tatoes with homemade tomato paste, which ours is better than ketchup the way we make it!
It's a very hardy plant here so should produce well for you in that area too! We are in plant zone 5 and I think you are too!

PS have you stopped hoppin' around yet? ---Flames gone down a little?? thanks; sonny

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”