This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another electrolisis

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:23 pm

Donny M wrote:This may help some:

http://antique-engines.com/electrol-details.asp
8)

I believe that what goes on using TSP and parts with paint on them is actually above and beyond the simple reaction mentioned in that article, but, as I said, I am not a good enough chemist to be sure.....

One thing the article did not mention was the effect of the electrolyte on the reaction at all...... something which to me should have a very profound effect on the reactions at both the anode and the cathode.....

At any rate, Rudi is correct....it is not necessary to know the intimate details of the process in order to utilize it. Virtually none of us understand the workings of a CPU, and yet we all seem to manage the use of a computer very well, for the uses we wish to use it for.....

You are in a very unique position, Donster, to have a remarkable knowledge of electricity, and dipoles, etc..... So all of our academic bantering probably sounds like the meaningless chatter of children to you....

Listen to Rudi and Cecil, and you'll all be very happy with the results......

If anyone wants to try something more bizarre, however, those of us who like to banter intellectually will certainly oblige....... :D :D :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:31 pm

George Willer wrote:The anode and cathode are both electrodes. Maybe that's the confusion? It is intended to be confusing... that's why an electron arbitrarily carries a negative charge. :(

The electron arbitrarily carries a negative charge.......

Interesting, George..... Come to think of it, I can't think of any way to disprove that...... Electrons were deemed negatively charged simply in opposition to the arbitrarily chosen positive charge of a proton, some century and a half ago. No one, to my knowledge, has ever looked into the matter further......

We could take a whole generation of human beings, and reverse polarity when we taught science to them, and it wouldn't make one little bit of difference.

Isn't perspective a marvelous thing??

Return to “Farmall Cub”