This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Question re: IH 140 Leveling and Scraper Blade

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Steve C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Question re: IH 140 Leveling and Scraper Blade

Postby Steve C » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:15 am

I have tried long and hard to find a model #60 leveling and scraper blade for my IH 140. I finally have one now that is off being sand blasted. I plan to have the blade and the springs powder coated. I'll prime and paint the brackets.

The wearing shoes at the bottom corners of the blade are missing. I will be removing snow from a stone driveway, and would like to have them.

I checked with the local IH dealer and was informed that the correct wearing shoes are no longer available from them. I purchased a pair for the Model #54 Cub blade, but they are smaller and the bolt holes do not align.

Does anyone know if the wearing shoes for the model #60 blade are available from some source? I can modify the blade to fit the Cub shoes, but I would rather have the correct ones.

Thanks, Steve
Steve
1975 IH 140; 1976 IH Cub, for mowing

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:10 pm

Hmmm...

What about welding a piece of steel to the cub shoes, and, filling in the holes, and re-drilling for the 60 blade??

I'd think modifying the shoes would be better than modifying the blade....

Or, if you've a torch or a forge, you could probably make a set with just a big vice as your anvil.....it's about the right shape, after all.....

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”