This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Massey Harris Pony

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Massey Harris Pony

Postby JBall8019 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:00 pm

Hi,
This is a pic of a 1948 Massey Harris Pony that is owned by another employee at the company. I love the Army Paint scheme.
John
http://photos.cubfest.com/albums/userpi ... sPony1.JPG

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:17 pm

John:

Cool lookin pony. Never realized the US Army used M-H's... learn something new everyday :!: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:40 pm

hi rudi,
i wouldnt doubt that there isnt anything the american military would not buy, i remember reading articles about $400 toilet seats being purchased by the pentagon. lol i like the looks of the pony and its about the same size of a cub
john[/quote]

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:56 am

John:

My buddy Roger who is also my electrician, has a M-H Pony that he absolutely loves.

In fact I have his plow here, waiting for him to pick it up. Also, I have his pulley, pulley and PTO sleeve here as well.

Personally, I am not all that fond of the Pony or any of the Massey-Harris line. I am not crazy about the lines... too barren and too clunky for my tastes.

The Cub is more flowing in lines and I like that a lot. Aesthetics does play a part in what one likes.

I will say this though, when they run they run well. Problem is keeping them running. Granny has a Marvel-Schleiber Pony carb on her and as soon as I am able and have the time, she is getting an IH carb back and the MS will be up for grabs....

Anyhoosie, it was interesting and I liked it.

Course.. we got the US Army topped. We bought 4 subs that don't work, don't float and don't move for 800 million each! Not too bad for a fire sale. Unfortunately, the Chicoutimi causght on fire and her XO didn't survive it... the sub had to be towed back to Britain and then barged to Canada.... what a muck up that was........
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”