This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Remember the Old Gravely's

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:15 pm

Got a couple of photos, hood is off, but you can get the idea. Not the best photos. This one is a great runner! And it uses the same oil filters as the Lincoln.
The 'snowdozer' is taller than a Cub 54.
I got the Cub to replace the other L (LI) for mowing chores... this one was too good of a deal to pass up. Has a sickle bar mower, snowblower and dozer blade. It is a 8 speed model with electric start.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... e0ba7d.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... 9Small.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... 1f200d.jpg

Rigged for winter now, dual wheels, chains and the evil looking snowblower on it.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:20 pm

Looks excellent Buzzard Wing!!! I like the snowblower the best...

Johnny

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:58 pm

Love the "Edward Scissorhands" snowblower! It will really gobble up some snow and scare the neighbors to death.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:44 am

Buzzard,
That's areal find, looks like it is so new it still had it's carton with it, now all you have to do is wait for some snow, Good,
Pat

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:09 am

I did do a little painting on the L8 and the chute on Mr. Sissorhands. It does run like a top. It does look better with the hood on, but I didn't take any photos of it 'dressed'. Looks pretty mean with the duals, chains and hood on it! I do like the red on the older Gravely and should have just used that instead of the pumpkin (Minnie Mo?) orange.

Someone (not me) managed to pick up a brick with it. Stalled it out, but otherwise no apparent damage. I am confident that it would have spit it out the chute if the brick had broken and made it into the second stage!

The guy at the dump saved me a later version of the snowblower, but it seems to be jammed up in the gearbox and I have not had a chance or the inclination to look at it yet. Easier to do when it a couple of hunded miles away. I heard from a good source that they changed the ratio on the second stage from 8:1 to 4:1 and it doesn't clog as easily.

Tell ya what, it is nearly an immovable beast with that snowblower mounted.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)