This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

8N Ford tractor Hydralic problem

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave F.
10+ Years
10+ Years

8N Ford tractor Hydralic problem

Postby Dave F. » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:58 pm

Looked at a nice 8n Ford to day, has hydralic lift problem, You can lift up the lifting arms (ones that are about under the seat) & they just fall back down? the pto works so the pump for the lift should work. Is this just an linkage problem connecting the arms to the hydralic piston? how hard is this to fix? Is this an expensive fix. Or should I just walk away from this tractor. I probably need this tractor like another hole in my head, I allready have (3) cubs that are running & working (2) parts cubs which I could make another running cub & a 430 Case with an front end loader talked about being a tractoraholic Iam hooked. thanks again Dave F.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:38 am

Dave,

The arms are working normally... they don't have down pressure. It sounds to me like a control or relief valve problem.

If you're allowed to, you can remove the round inspection cover on the right side and see if it's pumping oil and where it is going. The control fork can and does sometimes come unhooked.

If you can't inspect it, buy it minus the cost of a pump (expensive) or either walk away or gamble.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:11 pm

It could be a very simple fix. Sometimes the Fords just blow a gasket somewhere between the pump and the cylinder. The pathway to the cylinder is through a port in the case housing then through the top cover. If I remember right the oil crosses 3 or 4 gaskets on its way to the cylinder. Also the pump has gaskets.

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:05 am

The son bought one that had froze and broke. Couldn't be fixed .
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”