This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Look what followed us home.

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43783
Circle of Safety: Y

Look what followed us home.

Postby 1541 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:02 pm

Can we keep it?

The very first tractor I drove was Dad's Cletrac General GG. Dad bought our Cub when I was 10 going on 11 and about a year later when the Cub turned out to be a good runner and did everything he needed he sold the General. I used to keep track of where it was and I saw it sold a couple of times. The last time I saw it was back in the late 80's and I had neither the money to buy it or the place to keep it at that time. In the back of my mind I always wanted to find another tractor like it. It was never an active search. About a year ago I followed one on Craigslist. It was a runner. However, the tin work was bad and it looked like it needed a good bit of work. I was about ready to pull the trigger on it when it sold.

Fast forward to last week and my cousin Mark found one listed on the Lima Craigslist and forwarded the link to me. The listing was over a month old and the pictures looked like they were from last fall. The tractor looked pretty straight in the pictures. The listing wasn't very descriptive basically saying that the tires held air and the motor was loose. I found out that it was located about 15 miles north of Denny Clayton. About that time the wheels started turning. I contacted Denny to see if he would look at it for me. Then I called the seller and chatted with him. Denny was able to verify everything that the seller had told me and gave an excellent description of the condition. That evening I called the seller and made an offer He countered $100 more than my initial offer and the deal was sealed.

Today, Darrell, Mark and I rode up to pick up the tractor and then Denny met us for a minifest lunch at the local tavern just up the road from where we picked up the tractor. It turned out to be a fantastic day for a minifest. We couldn't find a serial number on the tractor but it does appear to have Cleatrac orange under that red paint. We decided looking in the review mirror with those headlights that it looked like Bullwinkle. Since I have a Cub named Rocky we decided that Bullwinkle would be an appropriate name for this tractor. Tomorrow afternoon we are going to have another minifest to see if we can get him running again.

Doug

Pickup 1.jpg
Avery "Cub" Mini Fest, Denny, Doug & BigDog

Avery_8.jpg
Avery "Cub" Mini Fest: Denny, Mark & BigDog

Avery_6.jpg
Loading Up

Doug on the General.jpg
Dad started me out early.
Buckeye Cub Tug
July 26 & 27, 2024
Somerset, Ohio

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Steve-N-Tn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37090
Tractors Owned: 1953 Farmall Super M
1948 Farmall H
!949 Farmall C
1947 Cub
1950 Cub
1951 Cub
1948 Ford 8N
1949 Ford 8N
1952 Ford 8N
1953 Ford Jubilee
1950 John Deere G

Re: Look what followed us home.

Postby Steve-N-Tn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:41 pm

Great find Doug and good pictures! Good luck bringing it back to life!!! Maybe one of these days you can find your Dads!!

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:36 pm

Let the fun begin. Wait, it already has!

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

clintmo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 26033
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
55 Cub

Postby clintmo » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:26 pm

Congrats! Probably feels like scratching an itch you've had for a long time. Good luck!

Clint

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Postby Trent M » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:47 pm

Nice pick up. I like those tractors.
Trent McPeak

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”