This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fuel filter part numbers

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Papa's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31553
Tractors Owned: 1966 Int'l Cub, C-2 mower 2005 Farm-Trac, 7ft Harrows and Box blade 1976 Int'l Cub, Woods 59 mower, Turn Plow, Full set of cultivators, Harrows, 174 Planter & Fertilizer unit 1953 Farmall Cub,full set of spring cultivators, wheel weights,
PTO belt pulley, snow plow and misc parts.
Circle of Safety: Y

Fuel filter part numbers

Postby Papa's Cub » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Earlier this year I bought a 2005 Farmtrac 435 w/503 hrs. The tractor looks good and performed great and then last week it made a sound like the fan was hitting the shroud. On the next round I headed for the shelter to remove/repair whatever was causing the racket. On visual examination, I didn't find anything out of order. When I re-started the engine this tic-tic-tic noise was located near the injector pump and when I touched it I could feel the vibration. I shut it down for the day and asked GOOGLE about this noise and I was directed to a Farmtrac discussion forum where I discovered that this was almost a common problem on the smaller tractors. Several entries eluded to restricted fuel filters as being a probable cause. I drained both primary and secondary filters (neither had excessive trash/water) then back to the field I went noise free until I dropped the harrows in the ground and less than 50 yds. the ticking noise started again and the engine started missing. Well, to make a long story short, my local parts man couldn't crossover the Farmtrac parts numbers I discovered in the tractors parts manual. I'm hoping someone on this forum can direct me to a site that can crossover these part numbers, ESL 15357 & ESL 15354 to Wix, Baldwin, Fram, NAPA filter numbers. Thanks, Tom.
If you always do what you've always done -- you'll always get what you've always got!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Fuel filter part numbers

Postby indy61 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:43 pm

FLEETGUARD FS19773
BALDWIN BF7772
FRAM P1145A
NAPA 3472
WIX 33472

http://www.equipmentbarn.net/farmtrac-f ... l5357.html

Papa's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31553
Tractors Owned: 1966 Int'l Cub, C-2 mower 2005 Farm-Trac, 7ft Harrows and Box blade 1976 Int'l Cub, Woods 59 mower, Turn Plow, Full set of cultivators, Harrows, 174 Planter & Fertilizer unit 1953 Farmall Cub,full set of spring cultivators, wheel weights,
PTO belt pulley, snow plow and misc parts.

Re: Fuel filter part numbers

Postby Papa's Cub » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:13 pm

Thanks, Indy. That's what I needed or rather my parts man needed. Installed new filters this afternoon and so far the tic=-tic-tic noise is gone. This old computer has become my mentor. Thanks again, Tom.
If you always do what you've always done -- you'll always get what you've always got!

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”