Ferguson disc ID

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Clip
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 24551
Circle of Safety: Y

Ferguson disc ID

Postby Clip » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:34 am

Got this disc along with the 49 Cub, but can't quite make out the model on the Ferguson nameplate. It's quite loose and will require replacement of a lot of worn (very worn) bolts and some, if not all, of the discs. First thing is figuring out how the heck the linkages work. I pulled this years ago with a 57 Cub, but just ganged the fronts and rears together and didn't bother with adjusting the angle. Now that I understand a little more about what I'm doing, I'd like the functionality of angled discs.

Anyone know the model? I believe we've got a Ferguson model 60 as well, but it's a little worse off than this one.
Attachments
discs.png

Donegal Cub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Ferguson disc ID

Postby Donegal Cub » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:28 am

Most if not all Ferguson farming equipment was designed and manufactured to be used on the hyd 3 point linkage. I don't see any facility for doing that with those discs. They look like they are trail discs.
Bernard,
Donegal Cub.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:04 am

We can probably figure it out but need some more pictures. Can you get something close to straight down from the top of both sections? A side shot of the hitch of the front section (the left in your picture) would help too. Even if somebody here knows exactly how it should be hooked up, he will probably need to mark up those pictures to explain it.

Edit: By the way, I think the angle is adjusted by raising/lowering the 3-point drawbar.

Clip
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 24551

Postby Clip » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:54 pm

Thanks for the insight. I'm traveling right now and unable to get pictures, but will update this thread when I can. I'm questioning my memory too, because the other set of discs looked very similar to the Ferguson model 60 but was missing the 3pt attachment.

The attachment point we used looks pretty wallowed out as well, but basically consisted of a u shaped piece of flat bar. The linkage above the tongue is quite large/complex.