What the heck is this thing?

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:52 pm

So, this thing has been sitting at the main farm where I work for years. I've never been able to figure out what it is and what it was for. Its got double wide front tires and the rear wheels do the turning.

Re: What the heck is this thing?

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:02 pm

a lot of them used old ford tractor engines for power

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:03 pm

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... %20tractor

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:07 pm

they were used on golf courses among other places

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:10 pm

Worthington G ??????

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:12 pm

I've never heard of 'em. Interesting. I always wondered what this thing was. Looks to be in restorable condition too. Wonder if it could be fixed hah

Thanks guys!

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:48 pm

Most likely used to pull a gang of reel mowers. Remember Arnold Palmer riding one in a commercial. Might be worth money to the right person. Something different to take to shows. You may not remember Worthington, but how about Jacobson mowers?

Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:54 pm

danovercash wrote:Most likely used to pull a gang of reel mowers. ..............
I would bet PUSH a gang of reel mowers with that hitch out front and the combine type rear steering to make really square/tight corners. You're not trying to mow the grass you just ran over with it out front. Could also be a wing gang on each side as well. Definitely a neat rig but finding all the mower parts maybe tough. Could turn it into a mini forklift :D