Re: bought a few more Fords

Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:33 pm

Brendan In NC wrote:Great looking Fords Boss :big afro:
id love to have a 961 Powermaster Narrow front one day!

There Is one of those narrow front fords sitting by a farm shop between Kinston and Richlands. It's been there forever. I figure that's the best job for it.....

Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Super A wrote:
Brendan In NC wrote:Great looking Fords Boss :big afro:
id love to have a 961 Powermaster Narrow front one day!

There Is one of those narrow front fords sitting by a farm shop between Kinston and Richlands. It's been there forever. I figure that's the best job for it.....
grumpy-cat-8141_preview_zps9177ab07.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:32 am

Ha ha..... I can pick on JD's but as a stockholder I don't (after all they STILL make them, they were better at planned obsolescence than IH).

Sure glad you got big Al to pick on something other than yeller Cubs!

Red belly Fords a favorite of mine. A lot can be said for a 3 point hitch and they are stout enough for a decent size loader too.... (but I found a Cub with one first, so no Ford for me).

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:53 am

Cubs are much more versatile , for a one tractor owner, than a Ford. (Why would I know that??)
Ed

Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:17 pm

What kind of mower are you going to put on that 2110? Don't know what else it would be good for with turf tires.

Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:53 pm

danovercash wrote:What kind of mower are you going to put on that 2110? Don't know what else it would be good for with turf tires.

Parts :D

Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:14 am

I'm sure you know but they still make the conversion kit(in Canada I believe) to put a flathead ford V-8 in an 8n…..Saw one awhile back….Bring back your GTO days... :lol: Dave

Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:37 am

pickerandsinger wrote:I'm sure you know but they still make the conversion kit(in Canada I believe) to put a flathead ford V-8 in an 8n…..Saw one awhile back….Bring back your GTO days... :lol: Dave

I didn't know they still made them....talk about the ultimate silliness. Wonder how many feet you could go with a load on it before it shelled all the teeth off the transmission?

By the time I came along the most common job around here for a small Ford, redbelly or whatever, was sprayer tractor. They mounted a John Blue tank and pump on the tractor with a four row boom and used them to spray nitrogon on the corn at layby. The tank wasn't more than 100 gallons; it sat high up behind the operator and was mounted directly to the axle carriers (probably because the hydraulics wouldn't have been able to hold it up on their own.) Had a big sprocket that mounted to the inside of the rear wheel rim which drove the pump. Silly things looked like a spider with all that get-up on them. I tried to find a pic of one on the www but I guess everybody is ashamed for anyone to know they own one!

Al

Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:21 pm

Al, I've totally see one like that here in Massachusetts/Connecticut. I remember seeing a Ford (I think) tractor that looked like a spider and was very high off the ground

Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:35 pm

Sprayer tractor in RI (was for sale) at a nursery.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Buzzard Wing wrote:Sprayer tractor in RI (was for sale) at a nursery.

Reminds me a little of the old John Blue high boy sprayers. They didn't use a Ford tractor chassis but they did use a Ford industrial engine (I believe a straight 4, not sure if it had any tractor applications or not) and a Ford transmission. It got where you couldn't get parts for the transmission.

Al

Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:53 am

Do you intend to sell the 741? If so any details and price. Thanks, Stan

Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:55 am

Boss, That's a great collection of Fords you have .
My Younger Brother just purchased our Grandfathers old Ford Tractor (9N we think) . He is now trying to get it running and could use some
expert advice from time to time. Are you available for Ford advice ?

Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:32 pm

I will help as much as I can

Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Boss Hog wrote:I will help as much as I can

Thanks boss, I will pass it on to him.
He has been in love with that ol ford since he was a little kid . I sure am glad he got it.