Gravely sickle knife source?

Tue May 13, 2014 2:26 pm

Best place to get them? Yes, I have googled and still trying. Hopefully someone here has knowledge of them. Thanks

Re: Gravely sickle knife source?

Tue May 13, 2014 6:58 pm

I believe they are the same ones used on a cub
Tim

Tue May 13, 2014 7:45 pm

tst wrote:I believe they are the same ones used on a cub
Tim

Thanks, Tim but no, not even close. At least noon the one I have.

Tue May 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Thomas, There is a Gravely tractor forum. You might try a post there if noone here has the answer.

Bob

Tue May 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Bob McCarty wrote:Thomas, There is a Gravely tractor forum. You might try a post there if noone here has the answer.

Bob

Thanks, Bob. I do use a gravely forum for the manuals. I'm thinking you have to be a member to post? Costs to join. Not that it's a problem. Just have to use snail mail to join. I will at some point

Tue May 13, 2014 8:24 pm

http://www.gravelyparts.com/
He has tons of gravely stuff

Tue May 20, 2014 12:58 pm

I've found Gravely used two different sizes, a two inch and a three inch knife. Three inch is same as a Cub I believe. Mine is the two inch. So if any of you know a source for a two inch knife at a reasonable cost, I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks

Wed May 21, 2014 9:44 pm

Would that be same as Simp. or David-Bradley??? they are not very wide!---cub and AC sickle are both real wide dudes! thanks; sonny

Wed May 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Sonny, I wish I knew thanks

Sat May 31, 2014 6:35 am

Gravely has them available, but they want $13.59 PER BLADE! No thanks, I told them. I got some NOS ones off eBay yesterday for $2 and some change per blade. Rivets also :-)

Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:13 am

I just ran into 3-- 1# boxes of mower rivets on the clearance counter at big-r at half price so I grabbed them!---I have several sickle mowers now! thanks; sonny

Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:29 pm

You can weld some material on the old ones and grind it to shape them? Or buy the steel flat stock and make them? Check craigslist search gravely.

Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:14 pm

They are heat treated and hardened!---so making some is--- no! thanks; sonny