Working on the 112 part 2

Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:39 pm

Here's some pictures of the hood from the JD 112 I've been working on.

The first couple are of the completed hood. (in case you couldn't tell)
IM000315.JPG


IM000316.JPG


The next is a close up of how it looked when I bought the tractor. Then a couple close ups of how it looked under the repair that a previous owner did.
IM000212-1.JPG


IM000258.JPG


IM000259.JPG


IM000261.JPG


For you JD enthusiasts that think that the repaired hood is a funny shade of green you're right. I decided I'm going to paint this tractor some what like the "Custom Color" tractors.(more commonly known as a Patio tractor) I'm using a regular JD yellow with a generic yellow seat and a plain gloss white.(not the actual colors, they did have a yellow but it was a little different shade and the white was a little different also) The main reason I'm doing it with this tractor is that it's a 1969, and in 69 Deere didn't make a designation between the green tractors and the "Custom Color" ones within the serial numbers. I'm not trying to fool anyone,those in the know will be able to tell the difference, plus on the sign when I display it I will make some kind of note of it not being a true one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Working on the 112 part 2

Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:48 pm

nice job on the body work

Re: Working on the 112 part 2

Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:49 pm

Excellent job. That's quite a transformation.

Re: Working on the 112 part 2

Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Great job!! :{_}: This can't be your first time working with fiberglass!!! I've got a round fender 110 that needs a little work on the hood. Maybe I'll have to tackle it this summer. :wink:

Re: Working on the 112 part 2

Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:33 am

Thanks guys.

No Rick it wasn't my first time working with fiberglass, but it was the first time with that much damage.

Before I had only done small repairs, like cracks and small breaks and maybe a little build up on a corner. The only thing close to this was a hood for a JD LX186 that was broken at the tilting holes, but I had most of the pieces. So it was just a matter of gluing the the parts back on, then reinforcing it and a little fill in where the pieces were missing.

Re: Working on the 112 part 2

Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:51 pm

:{_}: :{_}: :{_}: Looks great. Would be nice if you lived close.