Working on the JD 112

Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:13 pm

Been working on repairing the hood and built a new cowl for the 112 that I bought last year. I'm pretty happy with the way the cowl turned out. It may not be perfect but it was my first attempt at molding with fiberglass. I also made the decal on the cowl and have the rest of them drawn out and ready to print. (except the side stripes for the hood, which I bought)
The first two pics are of the part I made. This tractor doesn't have any headlights, that's why no holes. (it's suppose to have lights but they and the original cowl were missing)

This is a pic of what the cowl is suppose to look like. (the deer is different as this is from a newer model)
IM000279 (2).JPG

You can see a pic of the tractor in the original thread here.

I'll post another thread with the hood pics after it's painted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Working on the JD 112

Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:21 pm

Very well done Mark. I've seen fiberglass worked but I've never done it myself, Nice job....

Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:20 am

Very good work!!!

Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:43 pm

Thanks, Rick and Jack. It was kind of fun attempting something new. I have done some fiber-glassing before but nothing like this.

I got the hood painted today. (one or two coats to go yet) Then some pictures and I will get the before and afters of them posted.