Re: You Could Be The Only Kid On The Block With One Of These

Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:24 am

Rick, I think you need to buy it. I would consider such a thing if I were a few years younger to trim fields for farmers. As tractors and combines get higher and higher the old fence rows are getting wider and wider. While a lot of them have been removed to make the fields bigger the ones between farms remain. I think it could be made into a small business. Vern

Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:47 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Trying to get all the snow moved they also took out all the pretty bushes in the median with the snow plow

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:they never recovered. It may have had something to do with that Woods 59 running over the spot where they were.

Are you sure you weren't driving the plow truck too? :)

Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:14 am

Smokeycub wrote:
John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Trying to get all the snow moved they also took out all the pretty bushes in the median with the snow plow

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:they never recovered. It may have had something to do with that Woods 59 running over the spot where they were.

Are you sure you weren't driving the plow truck too? :)
No, but a friend was. 8)

Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:40 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I have seen one of those helicopter rigs parked at a local motel overnight while they were trimming south of here. I wanted to get a closer look at it, but figured they did not appreciate people being around it.

They used the pasture beside our shop last summer as a base to gas up and fly from while mowing power line right a ways in our area. Really surprised me just how many times he gassed up each day spending well over 8 hours cutting the pilot had to be tired.
They spent about a week there and one return trip included a chain link fence gate wrapped around the cutter bar.