Re: Owners of Howard CD6 Despeeder/Speed Reduction Unit

Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:54 am

I got one several years ago that I put on my 1974 Cub. Back then, I called and talked to someone at Howard and they found a seal and I bought it. He said it was the last one in the US that he could find.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Here are the pics that Tom Clark asked me to post for him of his freshly paint Howard CD-6 with decals.
Here is his brake bracket extension:

And here is the Despeeder:

Tom has been waiting for warm weather to finish up his project. I'd say it was worth the wait! Great job Tom. ( but with another week of +90F, I'm ready for winter again ) :wink:

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:43 am

Redcub, is it possible to get a drawing of the handle you made? Has anyone found a source for the decals? I have two cubs, one with the speed reducer.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:05 am

Jim, Welcome to the Forum. I live between Longmont and Berthoud. You're invited to my Cubfest Sept. 11-12. Hopefully you'll get a quick answer to your questions.

Bob

Fri May 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Jim, I didn't make a batch of handles due to a lack of interest/commitment from FC.com members. I found a local guy that makes patterns and casts old parts, but the $$$ cost to do so made me think twice. The handles are notorious for breaking when people over tighten the bolt at the bottom. Most guys are just fabing one themselves.

I sent you a Private Message ( P.M. ) regarding decals, as selling is verboten in the forums.