This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Euclid paint

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
birddog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54515
Circle of Safety: Y

Euclid paint

Postby birddog » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:01 pm

Does anyone have any idea what color green the old Euclid (now Terrex) heavy equipment was painted? Also if there would be a Rustoleum color that might be close?
Mark "birddog" Birdeau
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Euclid paint

Postby Rudi » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:15 pm

Mark:

Euclid Paint Codes

Here is the google search - euclid paint codes
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:34 pm

Man, I remember operating the old 82-30 and 82-40 back in the late 70' and early 80's when I was in excavating. I'd have to get on one to get familiar with the controls again though. I do remember the throttle slowed when you pushed the pedal instead of the other way around. Great machines.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

birddog
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby birddog » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:32 pm

Thanks Rudi; It just amazes me when I can do a search and find nothing, then I ask, and someone else can find the info I couldn't.

Barnyard; I always wanted to drive some sort of scraper but never got the chance. In the National Guard I did some push work with a crawler, and always thought that the way they were operating the scrapers that I could have done better.
Mark "birddog" Birdeau
Circle of Safety

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C

Postby Smokeycub » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:57 pm

Wow - Terex Green. That was kind of a mint/light green - no? Not real attractive, kinda ugly IMHO, but it was supposed to be about visibility and safety I guess.
I recall not that many years ago running what we called the "Double Barrel Pan" which was an older Terex scraper that had two supercharged Detroit diesels, one at each end. We used it for building site prep and putting in grass runways and the like. We used a Komatsu D65e-6 to push it when it needed a bit of help and pushing it did speed things up considerably. The Terex weighed in around 60,000 lbs and the Komatsu dozer at about 30,000 lbs. Talk about moving some dirt, it was pretty amazing.
Barnyard wrote:I do remember the throttle slowed when you pushed the pedal instead of the other way around. Great machines.
Anyway we called that pedal a decelerator. What kind of machines were those 82-30 and 82-40 Terex's, just curious.
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Ray:

I had to google that .. and found this:

Very interesting scraper. I have always been a fan of the big stuff ever since I was a kid. I was almost 50 before I got to operate heavy equipment.

My neice all 5'-0" of her used to drive Terex and Euclid dump trucks in the open pit mine up home in Timmins at Kidd Creek Mine. Little girl like that driving a huge behemoth in an open pit. Man .. talk about odd.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C

Postby Smokeycub » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:07 am

Yea Rudi, That's exactly the one like we used to run. 4-71 Detroits, crazy loud too as was the Komatsu. I watched another video attached to your youtube post called "Terex scraper working on road..". At about 3:40 it shows the dozers pushing the pans through what looks to be gravel, they are taking some big bites. That's exactly what we used to do with dirt/soil, we filled the hopper up in no time. Surprisingly even at 60,000 lbs those pans don't have enough traction and spin those big tires, that's why all pans have the push bars. There used to be a Terex plant here in Hudson Ohio, a huge facility, and closed down about 15 or so years ago. The "Euc" trucks were made in Euclid Ohio, both plants were near Cleveland. These plants employed a large number of people. Anyway as a result there are a bunch of these old iron machines in the area (N.E. Ohio) largely due to the plant locations and the large number of sand and gravel quarries around here. That's pretty cool about your niece, I bet she loved that! It does seem a bit unusual that she'd get into that kind of work, it's basically a testosterone filled line of work. Like you said, it's pretty much every little boys dream to run big earth moving equipment. :D
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:30 pm

Having real old iron like that close by would really be tempting me to play with it... restore it maybe -- ifn I was rich. I like the old stuff. Used to love watching them move dirt.

My niece got into it because her Dad was a hard rock miner. He started a the Pamour Mine with my Grandfather and my Dad when he came over from Germany in 1950. Dad moved over the the McIntyre Mine, Sonny moved over to the Dome and then when TG which became Kidd Creek was discovered in '63/'64 things changed. Sonny moved over to Texas Gulf in the 70's and worked with them until he retired. He passed away from Cancer 6 months after he retired from Kidd Creek. My aunt Linda (mom's sister), Unc's 2nd spouse Linda aka Skippy (Aussie eh?) all worked for Texas Gulf/Kidd Creek. Rest of the family in Sudbury worked for Falconbridge and Inco. Hard rock mining was the biggest employer up north. Big mines = big equipment.

In reality, I am looking for a TD7/8 or maybe a gas version. Could be useful around here :idea:

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C

Postby Smokeycub » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:52 pm

Interesting. I love family history. Both of my parents family's were farmers. Dairy farms and fruit farms. I have a cousin that still owns and operates the Way Fruit Farm near State College, Pa, he has a web site too, pretty neat! I'm not real familiar with IH heavy machinery. For some reason around here most of the older machines we have are Cat, Deere, and some Komatsu's. I checked out the TD7 & 8 on youtube and they look to be about the size of a D4 or D5 Cat. If I were to get a dozer I would try to be sure it has a 6 way blade. Personally I have a Deere 450C track loader and I gotta say it had been extremely useful and pretty powerful for only being 65 hp. It has a 1 1/4 yard bucket with a smooth edge. Interestingly I was surprised at what I end up doing with it and what it's capable of. My buddy and I started our own little sand bank operation (his property, my equipment), which is why I got the loader in the first place. I even got a shaker/screen set up for the operation, trying to make some gravel as well as screened sand. It's worth a little more screened than straight bankrun. Also interestingly I do quite a bit of dozing with it too. You can do pretty much do the same things as a dozer, just takes a bit longer. Anyhow we used the loader for digging up the bankrun sand, loading it into the screen, and loading trucks. Beyond that I've used it for lifting and loading/unloading all sorts of stuff one wouldn't ordinarily think of doing without it, like lifting a dump bed and frame off of and back onto a one ton truck for example. I used it to grade a site for my sons pole barn last year, dug up a bunch of fill (about 40 yards of sub soil) from out behind his place, tracked it up to the building site, graded it and the area I took the fill from. That saved him a bunch of cash because it's not cheap to have fill dirt trucked in. That size machine doesn't normally come with a three point hitch so I ended up making one for it. I drag a 6' box blade with it and a subsoiler. Needless to say the 450 had no trouble pulling and scarifying with the box blade and it pulled the subsoiler in the ground full hilt, through tree roots and all, pretty much effortlessly. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure I had a big ol' grin on my face the whole time. :D What I've been getting at is I've found the track loader quite a bit more useful than a dozer, it depends on what you intend to do with it. FWIW I've had my share of seat time on skid steers too. Skid steers have there place and are pretty adaptable with all the implements available for them and they're pretty quick, but I still prefer the track loader.
P.S. if I had a choice between gas or diesel I'd go with diesel. Gobs of torque at slower engine speeds, a little more economical to operate, and usually very dependable.
Ray
Smokeycub

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Ray:

I much prefer the TD7/8. The diesel is nice and that would be good but I am not a diesel mechanic. I am learning to be a somewhat gas engine fixer --- notice I didn't say mechanic :roll: so for me maybe a gas buggie would be best. But we will see. The one that I would like is an original IH TD-7E but that will mean I have to learn diesels.

The TD7G is a 70 hp unit so it would be comparable to your Deere 450C.

The bucket loader is useful but for me I really need something that can grade roads as well as plow the road in winter. My cutter likes to work in the bush over the winter -- it ain't so hot like it is in summer :lol:

I guess you could say that the TD7/8 is about equivalent to a Cat D-3C ... is about a 75Hp dozer. I really didn't much like the Cat at all. Backwards.... takes getting used to. Didn't take a long time but it is much different than the IH or even JD IIRC.

The JD 450-C, Cat D-3C and the TD 7 are pretty much equivalent to each other. The difference would be personal preference I would think. IH also offered the Loader Bucket version as well .. I think they used the DROTT Loader Buckets.

I love family histories as well and will gladly read em, those are some of the posts that I enjoy the most. My Dad was actually a Journeyman Cabinetmaker from Bavaria when he emigrated to Canada. At that time the only way to come here was to sign a contract with a mining company. So he had to work for 5 or 6 years I guess ... he came in '50 and worked in the mines I think until '56 or '57. He opened his own cabinet shop around that time and did contract construction work as well. Kind of explains me I think.

Mark:

I hope we didn't hijack this thread too much. If it continues I will split it.... :roll: :D

birddog
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby birddog » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Sure gotta love them big machines. When I was a kid my Dad would take me on the job with him once and a while. I really liked them old double barrels, and if I remember right they had both front and rear engines like the TS14B or two in front. I never got to go for a ride on one though, only with Dad on the crawler or in a grader.

Here's a pic of Dad on a TD 24. From what my brother told me, this is a picture that was given to my Dad from IH for allowing them to take his picture. I don't know if it was IH corporation or the dealer that sold the crawler. I never saw the picture until about two months after my Dad passed, other wise I sure would have tried to get more info about it. (actually it's a pic of a pic so thats why it may be a little fuzzy)

IMG_7797_1 - Copy.jpg
IMG_7797_1 - Copy.jpg (92.86 KiB) Viewed 2316 times

edit: I just saw your hijack comment Rudi, and no you didn't. As you can see by my reply above.

Also in a few days to a week I should be able to post some pics to show why I asked about the paint in the first place.
Mark "birddog" Birdeau
Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:13 pm

Cool Mark, will look forward to those pics.

I like the pic of your Dad on that 24. Nice to have memories like that. Cherish the ... I don't have too many of my Dad .. most of them are in this old brain.

birddog
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Euclid paint (pictures added 8-1-13

Postby birddog » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:42 pm

I hope you all aren't to disappointed when you check out these pictures.

It turns out I wasn't working on a Euclid after all, it actually was a LeTurneau. I wasn't try to fool anyone when I asked about the Euclid color. I've been tossing back and forth for several years as to what it would be, and when I couldn't find a Rustoleum green close to the Euclid, I decided to go yellow. (although I was already leaning that way)

There will be a sign on it when it is displayed explaining it, that will read. "This is not intended to be a scaled replica of any motor scraper. It’s more of a representation of the machine in general and a tribute to the developer of the self propelled scraper.
R.G.LeTOURNEAU
It’s made mostly from scrap and a GT18 H LAWN BOY garden tractor. The scraper is functional, and powered by a 18 H.P. Kohler engine and hydrostatic drive."

Now some pics.

IM000196 - Copy.JPG
IM000196 - Copy.JPG (90.22 KiB) Viewed 2283 times

IM000202 - Copy.JPG
IM000202 - Copy.JPG (101.63 KiB) Viewed 2283 times

IM000197 (2) - Copy.JPG
IM000197 (2) - Copy.JPG (86.41 KiB) Viewed 2283 times

IM000198 - Copy.JPG
IM000198 - Copy.JPG (79.18 KiB) Viewed 2283 times
Mark "birddog" Birdeau
Circle of Safety

birddog
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby birddog » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:46 pm

More pics.

IM000196 (2) - Copy.JPG
IM000196 (2) - Copy.JPG (77.76 KiB) Viewed 2282 times

IM000200 - Copy.JPG
IM000200 - Copy.JPG (75.37 KiB) Viewed 2282 times

IM000201 - Copy.JPG
IM000201 - Copy.JPG (78.74 KiB) Viewed 2282 times

IM000199 - Copy.JPG
IM000199 - Copy.JPG (104.37 KiB) Viewed 2282 times
Mark "birddog" Birdeau
Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Mark:

That is absolutely amazing .. what a beautiful job on the scraper. Looks pretty darn good from here. Your fabrication skills and finishing skills are exemplary :!:

Now I gotta go look up LeTourneau ...

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”