This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Prewitt-Grosshart Post Hole Digger

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Prewitt-Grosshart Post Hole Digger

Postby Stanton » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:26 pm

As always, we're saddened by life's circumstances that force someone to start selling belongings to make ends meet. Our hearts go out to your friend in his situation.

Please don't take offense at the direction this discussion has taken; it is not meant to be hurtful nor disregarding for your friend's case. It's just that the heading to the original post read "Prewitt-Grosshart Post Hole Digger" which drew my attention. I think the jury is still out as to who actually made it, but it probably would serve someone well if digging holes was required.

I hope you can sell it and any other items that may be a benefit to your friend.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm

Brian:

First off, this is a very interesting and seems to be a unique PHD. There is so much that we DO NOT know about some implements that were built for a Cub or modified for use on a Cub it would boggle the mind methinks. So anything we can learn about any implement is a good thing.

The more we learn about this particular unit, just may increase it's value which would be of benefit to your friend and his family in his time of need. Believe me, I know how expensive health costs can be, not just on the pocket book but on the family as well.

So .. here are some more pics

Suggest areas to look for identifying marks would be on the side of the gearbox. There may be "chop marks" on the frame parts as well. These can be anything from a series of dots/punch marks to chisel marks or even weld marks. Anything interesting that might pop up to possibly help identify would be useful. Same with the paint ... what appears original and what appears painted over if any.,

Unfortunately this appears to be a 3-point configuration and as was pointed out..... quite apparent actually as the mounting pins are obvious. I should have caught it right off, but missed it, apologize for that.

This doesn't mean this unit does not have value, it just does not have the value usually associated with Cub Post Hole Diggers. I would suggest that you do change your :eBay: description though.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

balderman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53189

Postby balderman » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:41 am

Everyone, I appreciate all the help. I do not want to sell people the wrong thing. You all are incredibly knowledgable. If I come across any misc. parts I will let you guys know; ie engineparts/ small parts and you can have them. We will call it a donation towards towards preserving history. I have a rather expansive bone yard, so ley me know if there is anything you're looking for.
Thanks again, Brian

IndianaBrad
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47117

Postby IndianaBrad » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:49 pm

Hello All,

I just purchased a used post hole digger over the holiday weekend and it is built exactly like the one in the photos above by Rudi! I stumbled upon this thread searching the internet for info on my new purchase. I was curious if anyone was able to find out more info about it.

I can definately say that it is not a one-off home made unit. I can post some photos tomorrow to help out. I purchased mine from an older guy in Harrison, OH. It is painted yellow and has "Canada" written with a welder on the boom lift arms.

Thanks,
Brad

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:22 am

Brad, welcome to the forum. You might get your questions answered better if you begin a new post. Go to the main Community Forum page and read the rules for posting; located here: viewforum.php?f=20. Then, if your post hole digger is for a Cub, select Farmall Cub section and post a new thread. If your PHD is for another type tractor, then select the one of the other categories and post there.

Glad to hear you found a PHD and hopefully someone will be on later to give you more information.

Again, welcome to the forum.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”