This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Trailer Tire suggestions requested

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Trailer Tire suggestions requested

Postby Barnyard » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:44 am

Mr E wrote:
Rick Spivey wrote: I think in general this type of tire is most often abused, meaning they get run under-inflated, they sit in the sun for long periods of time, they are not replaced very often, etc.

Rick and others,
Is there an affordable way to protect them from the sun? You see RVs with covers over the tires. I'm guessing this simply is to hide them and make the surroundings more pleasing to the eye. Is there something of this nature that could protect trailer tires while they are awaiting their next call to duty? :lol:

Roy, those covers you see on RVs are to protect the tires from the sun and such. You can use the same thing on your trailer to protect them.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Trailer Tire suggestions requested

Postby Rick Spivey » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Yup, Barnyard's right, those covers protect from UV degradation. They are not decorative, but actually functional. They would help on trailer tires as well, if you park it in the sun. More importantly, check air pressure at every use, and get leaks fixed immediately. I nursed a leaking tire along for two years, while trying to have it fixed three times. The one time I forgot to check the air before setting off, I smoked that tire within 50 miles of interstate driving. I had a spare (a proper trailer tire), and then replaced all four, as they were original to the 5 year old trailer.
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”