This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

tinkering around

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
birddog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54515
Circle of Safety: Y

tinkering around

Postby birddog » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:41 pm

I bought a 2 spool control valve from a JD 300 series LG tractor for use on a different project. It has the 4 ports to go to the cylinders and 3 other ports. These are marked "IN", "OUT", "BYD". At present the fittings are in the "IN" port and the "BYD" port. What I was wondering, just what is a "BYD" port and will the control valve work on a regular 2 way cylinder with the fitting there instead of the "OUT" port?
Mark "birddog" Birdeau
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: tinkering around

Postby Rudi » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Mark:

I am pretty sure that BYD means Beyond as in Power Beyond. I can't explain it, but John Deere has a What is Power Beyond article that could be of help although maybe marginally. I googled Power Beyond and got a lot of interesting hits.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:41 am

Power beyond simply means that the pressurized fluid from that port can be used to power another valve, in a daisy chain fashion. I can see no reason why it couldn't be used as a return.

birddog
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby birddog » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:05 pm

Thanks Rudi and Gary. The way I read (from Rudi's Google link) that the "BYD" port shouldn't be used alone. When it's used the "OUT" port should still be used. This of course makes it more confusing because it looks like it is all factory hook up the way it is. Not knowing just how this was set up on the LGT it came from, I guess I'll use the "OUT" instead of the "BYD" just to be on the safe side.
Mark "birddog" Birdeau
Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:43 pm

Mark:

I remember when I got my Cessna-Eaton valves from the different Cub Cadet models for my hydraulic projects. I wanted to find out as much as I could about them/machines they came off of and the uses for the valves. So, I just had to search a bit .. it is almost a sickness I think -- :P Anyways, I found the 300 series part list on the JD site and the hydraulic section as well - Hydraulic Outlet Kit - Rear which shows the valve and kinda explains the use of the Power Beyond port - for the rear hydraulics. Kinda works for the blade/splitter projects ... :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

birddog
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby birddog » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:52 pm

Thanks Rudi, your a real pal. I pulled the fitting from the "BYD port and plug from the "OUT port and the only difference I see is the location, so I guess like Gary said it should be no problem to use. I haven't looked at your most resent link yet but from how the others read I guess there should be something installed internally when used as a Power Beyond port. I'll check the link shortly, as like you said it's nice to understand as much as possible.
Mark "birddog" Birdeau
Circle of Safety

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”