This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Radiator Problem with Miss B.

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Radiator Problem with Miss B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:07 pm

I purchased a radiator from a Farmall A several months ago to put on my '45 B Farmall. They look exactly the same but, when I go to mount it, the upper water pipe does not line up with the outlet on the top of the radiator. Do these radiators not interchange :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:46 pm

How far off are they? Could it be that you got a radiator off a Super A with a water pump or something like that?

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:01 pm

Take it to your locla radiator shop, they can move it wherever you need it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:16 pm

A and B radiators are identical. That said, they aren't all identical. The early tractors had hoods held on with 1/4 turn fasteners. Later ones were held with a spring loaded clamp handle at each corner. These 2 styles used different radiators. The Super A used the same radiator as the late A and B. Excpet maybe a late Super A with a water pump.

Is the misalignment just some forward/backward misalignment? Is it too far back or forward relative to the water outlet? Check the radiator brace that bolts at the water outlet. It might be bent or from a different radiator.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:27 pm

The radiator brace is from my tractor. I still have the radiator that came off Miss B. The brace works fine when I mount it to Miss B's radiator and put it on the tractor. When I move the brace to the A radiator, it pushes the top out of aligment. With that said, I took Miss B's radiator to the shop today to see if it is usuable. If so, this A radiator is going on Ebay.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:02 pm

I went to the radiator shop this morning and got some good news. Miss B's radiator is in good enough shape to use. :D Dad sprayed a light coat of black paint on it after cleaning it up and I'll put it on the tractor tonight after work. 8)

Greg Norman

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:54 pm

Thats good news. Its always nice when you can reuse the original stuff, especially a radiator. They can be a bit pricey.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:22 pm

Glad to hear it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”