This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gibson tractors

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Gibson tractors

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:26 pm

I've been corresonding with a gentleman in Austin, Tx that has a 2 cylinder Gibson he wants to sell. I am waiting for him to supply pictures of further information. Has anyone ever seen a 2 cylinder Gibson, all I've ever seen on them were single cylinder Wisconsin arm breakers.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:10 pm

John,

Larry Dotson has a Gibson that he bought with a 2 cylinder Onan on it. He has since corrected that by replacing the Onan with the proper Wisconsin.

Brings up a fun story... several years ago he brought it to a show and it wasn't running well. His brother, Gary, finally found the problem... the float needle was missing. There was not another float needle available anywhere on the show grounds. So, in true Dotson tradition, with a small piece of brass, a file, and my cordless drill, they sat down at the campsite and MADE a replacement float needle!
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:10 pm

John,

:D I've seen a four cylinder Gibson regular size tractor.
Always try the easiest thing first.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:39 pm

Just found a Gibson sight. http://home.bluegrass.net/~dbaas/ According to the info I found there they made a Super D2 that was a 2 cylinder.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:32 pm

This doesn't answer the question, but I live in Longmont, CO where the plant was (the building is still there). The Gibsons lived three doors down from my parents. I always keep an eye out, but rarely see too many of them for sale out here.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:00 am

He sent me a picture of it today. think I'm going to pass even if he does only want 450 for it including a good hood and grill (not shown). He's making a trip from Austin, Tx to Minn lkate in March and can deliver it along the way if anyone is interested.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”