This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Beaconlight Or ??

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Beaconlight Or ??

Postby johnbron » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:13 pm

B-Light, Does any of your power-unit manuals say what type of oil goes in the power head?. I checked the oil in the Baler unit I have and it is low from what I consider the side plug to be oil level?. The oil in it now kinda smells like gear oil but it has the consistancy of a 10/weight oil not 90 of which I thought would be in it.
Then came Bronson

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:17 pm

I'll check and get back to you. Most of my books are up the country but the Thresher one is here.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:35 pm

Sorry all i have here is the parts manual. The other books are up the country. Maybe Rudy can chime in I sent him the parts manual and If i remember right an operating manual. Perhaps it is in that. One thing I noticed is that there are 2 grease fittings on the throw out bearing and 2 on the clutch operating lever rod.
I can't see any reason that it should not be the same as in a cub rear end. the only reason that I can see for it to be different would be to make it easier to start, with the cluth manually disengaged you could have cement in the gear reduction and it would not matter. With that reasoning i would go for HYPOID.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:43 pm

Thanks for the effort Bill.This unit I have has no clutch, It is full-time direct drive to the belt pulley. I wanted to put a starter motor on it but when I took the starter hole cover off and looked in there I found that the flywheel has no ring gear for starter teeth. I also need the Mag on/off switch cause this one is missing the back & lug for the wire. One of these days soon I will attempt to fire it up. :P
Then came Bronson

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”