This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

GRRRR

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

GRRRR

Postby beaconlight » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:01 pm

I have a riding mower made by MTD. Got it at TSC a number of years ago. The Electric clutch dropped out of it shortly after I changed the main drive belt. I couldn't find the bolt or 1 of the two spacer washers. I figured I had not tightened the bolt enough, ate my pride and ordered parts. Imagine my surprise when the new bolt wouldn't go in the hole. A close look showed the bolt had sheared off, not unscrewed. Of course it is a grade 5 bolt and my cheapee left handed bits won't really drill it, right handed ones either. Next is the dremel with a stone on it. GRRRRR
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: GRRRR

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:36 am

Bill I take it that there's not enough left to weld a nut to. Which would me my preferred way to get it out. I have used carbide bits in my die grinder but like stones they are hard to keep centered. You might want to get a good quality drill bit from McMaster Carr

http://www.mcmaster.com/#left-hand-drill-bits/=e46eps

Take car my friend.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Don i don't think those will do for they say not for drilling holes.
Bill I will order a carbide bit and try it.
I used the 44 inch Swisher tow behind mower to get things near order and then spent the rest of the time on honey do. Bev wants a half bath on the second floor. She doesn't like going to the basement in the middle of the night when nature calls. Got it sheetrocked and the floor tile in. and taped with many coats of sheetrock mud and tape it is now primed and painted with the light installed. Still have to install the vanity and the necessary. Fortunately the plumbing is roughed in already too. I may have to lengthen the nipple on the hot water but that will not be difficult for the room behind the bath is not rocked yet. So much to do and so little time to do it. Seems the older I get the shorter the days get. I don't know where I used to have time to go to work.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”