Generator.... should I buy it?

Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:35 pm

I found this ingenious generator for sale on the web, do you think I should buy it or just build one myself? I have an old AMC Gremlin that might work...

Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:38 pm

You should buy that one...if you make yor own, you might be breaking a patent law. :roll:

Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:49 pm

Anyone who will admit to owning an AMC Gremlin should build his own generator! :D :D :D

Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:11 am

Now that's way cool. Some engineering job. I was thinking about using one of my tractors to power a generator. But this looks like the answer to my problem. If I built the ramps so that I could drive on and off I still could use my 78 Cadillac to drive to work.

Eugene

Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:23 am

If you build your own, then you could run an air compressor off the other wheel, and have it all in one compact (depending on size of power source)package, if you got 2 good tires to use. If you yard is hilly, you might need more pallets on one side or other. :lol:

Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:36 am

How hard is it to hook a governor to maitain constant speed. never mind, I just remebered you siad AMC Gremlin. They only have one speed.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:00 am

I like the looks of this one. It would look nice sitting next to your home. It would look better with a few more yellow cables. Do you have to pay extra for the pallets :lol:

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:51 pm

Necessity is the mother of invention!

Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:36 pm

I might make my own... I don't have a ski rack for the roof like the one in the picture, but I don't see where that is an essential part of the generator. :lol:

Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:41 pm

That isn't a roof rack! It is revenoorer spoting radar. Also doubles as a missal launching pad.

Bill