This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Trickle charge

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
KenHigginbotham
10+ Years
10+ Years

Trickle charge

Postby KenHigginbotham » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:27 pm

Do they make a charger that has an automatic trickle charge feature. I am away from my tractor for days/weeks at a time and would like to just plug it up and forget it. I know they make system like this for smaller type batteries but I've yet to find one for a bigger battery...

Ken

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:57 pm

"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:57 pm

Ken you need a 6 volt battery maintainer or float charger. If you have one of those battery specialty stores around you, they should have it.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:18 pm

If you have a 12 volt battery one of the trickle chargers like Cub-Bud posted will work great. If you have a 6 volt battery and an existing battery charger go to Walmart and get one of the little plug in timers and set it to run for 15 or 30 minutes a day.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:46 pm

Battery Tenders are available for 6V batteries, too. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

pgmrdan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pgmrdan » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:50 am

I got a 12v trickle or float charger at Wal-Mart for $15 or $20 a couple of years ago. It's 1.5 amps and is intended to be left hooked up to a battery and left plugged in. It monitors the charge and shuts off when the battery is fully charged. It turns on again when the charge drops.

You might check at a motorcycle shop if you need a 6v charger like my 12v charger.

When guys put away their motorcycles for the season they can hook up one of these to the battery in the fall and disconnect it in the spring with a fully charged battery.

It should work in your situation.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:21 pm

Any float charger or battery maintenance system will work. It doesn't matter how big the battery is.

Actually, most tractor batteries aren't any bigger than car batteries.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”