This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall B wheel bearings/steering

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mymariah
10+ Years
10+ Years

Farmall B wheel bearings/steering

Postby mymariah » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:17 am

Does anyone have bearing numbers for the front wheels of a '42 B? I also want to replace the (bushing?) that is in the tricycle stem - that whole part is loose on my tractor. Any suggestions on tightening up the play in the steering would be much appreciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:52 am

I just finished rebuilding the front bolster on my '45 B and replaced a bad wheel bearing. The wheel bearings and seals from Case/IH are very expensive. However, the bearings and seals for the bolster are competitive. I also replaced the bearing on the end of the steering shaft (worm shaft). Replacing the bearings will remove all of the play and tighten everything up. It is the only way to go. :wink:

I found this on Ebay the other night. You might find a similar kit from your local farm parts dealers. The seals alone from Case/IH cost as much as this kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=56175&item=3855270833&rd=1

I can supply you with some Case/IH part numbers later tonight.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:43 pm

Here are the IH part #s and prices I paid for the bearings, seal, and gaskets in the bolster:

377788R91....seal....$18.00
52951D.....gasket.....$4.55
52952D.....gasket.....$4.55
ST269A.....bearing....$52.73 (this bearing at Napa was $99.00)
ST278.......bearing....$48.09

I purchased the bearing for the steering worm shaft from Napa. I had to remove the sheilds so it would get oil:

P6205-2RSJ..........$7.34

I hope this helps. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”